Definition of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): the process of improving your website page setup, content quality and external factors which fulfil the requirements of search engine algorithms. This is usually accomplished by deploying several technical enhancements on your web page and website content to generate higher amount of leads and eventually boost your rankings on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) and results organic traffic into your website.
SEO calls for a lot more work than it actually seems, so our job as a Singapore SEO expert is to break down and simply all the complications for you. If your current digital campaign is not working out for you, our objective-focused and conversion-oriented approach will make certain that you can start performing and be more visible to your target audience.
Which Search Engines Should You Be Seen In
While you might be familiar with strong contenders like Yahoo and Bing, everyone knows that Google dominates the realm of search engine platforms today. Its user-first mentality makes it quick to adapt to ever-changing habit of search engine users. Hence, it should comes as no surprise that Google generates more than 3 billion online searches every day. Our tried and tested SEO services at MediaOne will help you harness your marketing potential with Google and propel you far ahead of the race.
What SEO Terms Should You Be Familiar With
Websites need the best optimization to ensure there is no trouble with communication and no terms are misunderstood. Now a lot of terms might at first not be so familiar to your users and even yourself. So here are a few of the essential SEO terms as they are used by web developers to best optimize websites according to clients’ preferences.
Because it can can get quite overwhelming diving head first into the world of SEO, we took the liberty of compiling a glossary of fundamental SEO terms:
- 301 Redirect - It is a way of optimizing the webpage to guide visitors to another page.
- ALT Text/Tag or Attribute - describes any images on the website
- Anchor text - Text of a web page link that describes what the visitor will see upon clicking through.
- Blog - A section of the website used to publish regular content daily, hourly, weekly or monthly.
- Bookmark - A website link saved to be used later for reference in a browser.
- Canonical URL - Used to notify the search engines on which address contains the best version of whatever the visitor is looking for.
- Conversion Form - a form used by website owners to gather information about their visitors.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) - A section of your code distinguishing the different elements used in your websites such as the headers, footers or links.
- Directory - It is an online list of websites including entries, and links to those websites organized in categories.
- Domain - It is the official address of a website.
- The Fold - It is the exact point where a website’s page is cut off by the bottom of a browser window or device monitor a visitor is using to browse.
- Headings - A large and bold text on every website placed contained in the heading tag.
- HTML - The website code read by search engines.
- Inbound Link - A link connecting two different websites that contain related content.
- Internal Link - It is a link connecting two pages on one website.
- Indexed Pages - These are the website pages that search engines store.
- Keyword - A phrase or word used to define what content is contained on a website, often identified when visitors enter such words or phrases in search.
- Link Building - This is adding more inbound links to a website to get a higher search engine ranking.
- Long Tail Keyword - A keyword containing more than one word in the phrase rarely used as the search word by visitors.
- Meta Data - A set of data that describes and gives the search engines information about a website.
- Meta Description - A snippet of about 155 that briefly describes the specific summary of your webpage content.
- Meta Keywords - A specific kind of Meta tag found in the web page HTML used to inform search engines about the topic a page contains.
- MozRank - It is a particular type of metrics used to measure the authority or a web page or domain. It quantifies the link popularity, if a page of a specific website is linked to many others that contain a higher MozRank, then that page will also rank higher.
- Nofollow - A value used by webmasters to tell search engines not to follow links on a specific page or not to follow a particular link.
- Page Title - The name of a web page used to identify it at the top of a browser window.
- Page Rank -It shows how best a webpage’s SEO is, from zero to ten usually assigned by Google.
- Panda - It is a series of changes on the search results ranking algorithm of Google intended at lowering the rank of thin and low-quality websites and get the high-quality content sites on the top of search result top.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) - Testing this is a means of advertising where an advert is featured in a website to direct traffic, and each time that ad is clicked by a visitor, the advertiser pays the publisher.
- Ranking Factor - It is what search engines base on, such as the number of inbound links to a page, to put a page in a specific ranking position.
- Referrer String - Information sent by the visitor’s browser indicating where they came from previously with the aim of helping webmasters identify how users are locating a website.
- RSS (Real Simple Syndication) Feed - A web page feed that allows visitors to access any updates to the online content on a web source they have subscribed to.
- SERP (Search Engine Ranking Page) - The page displayed by search engines in response to the content searched by a visitor showing alternative results to the visitor’s keyword question sometimes with advertisements.
- Sitemap - An XML file listing all pages on a webpage allowing webmasters to add any extra information such as the last time a URL was updated, how often it is updated to enable search engines to crawl the site more intelligently.
- Social Media - Online media and content that users generate share or participate in on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Spider - A program devised to visit websites and interpret information on the pages to generate entries for search engine indexing.
- Traffic - These are the people that visit a website.
- Title - Text that appears on a page of a website, used to identify a page that a user sees at the top of the browser whenever the visit the page and also the one that appears in search engine results.
- Traffic Rank - It is the position of a website regarding how much traffic it contains in comparison to other sites.
- URL - A website’s page address.
How Does A SEO Company Help Me Rank My Website
With MediaOne by your side, you no longer have to sweat the technical stuff when it comes to SEO services. Securing coveted rankings on Google has never been easier with our competent tactics. Here are the main tasks you should focus on:
High-quality link building
Our amalgamation of top-notch content creation and programming helps to diversify your link profile and, essentially, garner more search engine traffic for your business.
Non-duplicated descriptions and titles
You can rely on us to come up with one-of-a-kind, click-worthy title tags and meta descriptions that are sure to entice and arouse curiosity among your target audience.
Strategic placement of keywords
As search engine algorithms become more refined, our calculated assimilation of keywords takes into account several key factors like user intent and context so your positive ranking signals to Google will be maximised.
What Kind Of SEO Services Are There In Singapore?
In the early days of SEO, rankings on SERPs were solely based on website content and it came to a point where people found unethical ways to work around the algorithms in order to climb up the ranks. This paved way for a series of black hat SEO services—continually practiced by SEO services in Singapore—to attain more profit in the shortest time possible despite going against search engine guidelines.
With this in mind, MediaOne takes pride in setting ourselves apart from other Singapore SEO services by exclusively engaging in white hat SEO. We make sure to stay within the acceptable boundaries as defined by Google so you can rank without breaking the rules and still have your integrity intact.
What Should You Ask Your SEO Consultant
Before you decide on one out of the many SEO consultants in Singapore, you need to ensure that they possess relevant experience in your industry. MediaOne has worked with client from varying fields so you can expect nothing less than a fuss-free working relationship with a team of comprehensive and knowledgeable SEO professionals.
We understand that cookie cutter SEO services do not exist. That is why we provide scalable, ROI-friendly price plans to suit different capabilities in the market. So whether you’re an established conglomerate or a thriving start-up, we can help you meet your marketing objectives and beyond.
What KPIs To Set Your SEO Service Provider
As a Singapore SEO specialist, we set our eyes on the most crucial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to make the most out of your SEO efforts. From organic search performance, to page loading speed, as well the conversion rate of your page landings, our objective responsibility as your strategic partner is to keep a close eye on these important metrics to make sure that all your spends are validated and moving the dial for you towards your end goals. Our cutting-edge KPI system identifies all sorts of potential issues along the way so appropriate adjustments can be made when necessary.
What is the SEO in marketing?
SEO is a marketing strategy that tailors your website using the algorithms of the search engines basing on the signals that the website produces. SEO works by optimising the pages of the site and conducting keyword development and research and eventually earning inbound links. You can see the results of SEO once your webpage has been crawled and indexed by search engines.
What is SEO and how it works?
SEO is a short word for search engine optimization. It is a methodology of techniques, tactics, and strategies used by people to increase the number of visitors to your website by ranking highly in search results page of various search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, and other search engines. When a search user types a query in a search engine like Google, the results pop up with a series of websites that are relevant to the used words. Sites that have substantial domain authority will be shown more often.
How do you do SEO for a website?
The major goal of SEO is to create a search engine spider web. It should find your site, pages and rank it at the top of other results. Optimising for a website involves a series of processes such as website analysis, competitive analysis, the nomination of keywords, keyword development and research, content optimisation and submission.
What are some SEO techniques?
SEO techniques usually change more often that is the reason why you should always stay updated. SEO techniques are tools that allow the web to increase traffic and brand awareness. Effective SEO techniques include In-depth topic coverage, re-optimisation of the present content, keyword optimization and internal links optimisations.
How can I do SEO yourself?
SEO is not direct advertising; it requires money and time. It is effortless to do SEO yourself if you take tips seriously: master keyword research, understand your business competitors, plan and optimize your website, produce regular and consistent content, DIY Public relations, create a social media network, research on google analytics and read various SEO blogs.
How do I create SEO content?
SEO content is a live content that is designed to attract search engine traffic. The first thing is to define your goals. These goals will determine what content to focus on. If you want to increase sales, your content should be informative and attractive pages for search and conversions. Make an editorial calendar. Once you have known your target audience, an editorial calendar will dictate when to publish new content and the type of content. The reasonable measures of engagement and success of page, links, comments are analysing and reassessment of the SEO content.
What is SEO content writing?
SEO content writing is relevant files or information written, lives or stays on the website for visitors to view. SEO content writing involves the following: keywords research and optimization, content optimisation, image optimisation URL, Title, LSI and Meta description.
What are SEO articles?
They are many types of SEO content. SEO articles are majorly written to increase online visibility on Google and other search engines for your business using the selected keyword. The article can be a bit complicated than other SEO content. SEO writing requires experience and skills. The article should be engaging and ensuring the keywords are spelled correctly. The larger the reach of SEO article the higher the rank will be.
How do I write an article for SEO friendly?
Many articles for business require a friendly tone to attract customers. Learn to use headers and sub-headers. Add hyperlinks to previous SEO content. Select the type of keywords widely and optimize the length of your work. Choose and optimise images. Ensure that make the article content is shareable by writing high-quality content.
How do I write an article for SEO?
The first thing is to research keywords and to put them into work. You should write an article that individuals care about. Make it long enough and watch more on analytics. Edit your article to check on spelling. Become an online PR agency for your content by posting on online platforms. You should know that becoming SEO article writing expert requires time.
How do I write web content?
One of the top priorities of writing web content is making content appealing and attractive. Do not plagiarise your content. Do not complicate the content. Understand the goal of every page. Use graphics or inviting button to encourage a visitor to continue. Use bullet points, headers and numbered lists. Always learn to sound like a human instead of writing for the benefit of the search engines.
What is SEO optimised writing?
SEO writing is a form of craft writing assisting websites get online visibility in major search engines such as Google and Yahoo. A visible content will appear more often in the first page of the search results. In turn, it will increase traffic.
What is SEO optimised content?
SEO optimised content is content that is more visible to individuals entering keyword associated with your services or products through search engines.
How can I do SEO for my blog?
Install a suitable SEO plug-in such as WordPress. Do thorough research on the keyword. Some keywords attract more traffic than others. Choose the best keyword and include it in the title, permalink, and the first sentence.
Does blogging help SEO?
Blogging helps SEO by boosting its quality and positioning your site as a relevant answer to various questions of visitors. Blogs use SEO tactics and giving opportunities your website to rank higher in search engines. It also attract more website visitors to encounter your site.
What is a longtail keyword?
The long tail keyword is more than three keyword phrases which are very specific to what you are offering. Sometimes visitors use particular phrases if they are looking precisely what they are going to buy.