The best website design is not all about good color palette and visually appealing graphics. You have to consider the design, user experience, the development, and the content. In this article, you will read important tips for each of these web design components.
Design involves the colors, contrast, and organization of elements in a website. The following tips will help;
- Use a maximum of three colors. A basic color, a secondary color, and an accent color.
- Create good contrast between the text and background to enhance readability.
- Research the latest design trends.
- Use a grid design to simplify the design.
- Test the design before launching the website.
User experience tips
What experience do users have when using your site? If a user does not accomplish the purpose of visiting your website, then its user experience is bad. Some of the things you can do to improve user experience include;
- Improve the load speed. If your pages’ load more than five seconds, most people will cancel and find another site.
- All links on your web pages should work and provide value to users.
- Navigation to the different web pages should be easy so that visitors know where to go next.
- The call-to-actions should be large attractive buttons.
Content is the most fundamental part of the website. It is the information you want to give your visitors.
- Use language simple enough for your audience.
- Proofread the content for grammatical and contextual spelling errors.
- Use readable font.
- Use short paragraphs, subheadings and bulleted lists for easy reading.
- Use relevant images to break the monotony of text.
- Regularly update the content to prove to your visitors that you are an active business.
- Create a blog to provide readers with relevant information related to your field.
- Use open source content management systems (CMS).
- Secure your website.
- Focus on speed of the site.
- Use special effect such as parallax scrolling sparingly.
Website design don’ts
- Do not use pop-ups as most users find them annoying.
- Videos are good but when they auto play some users will abandon the web page.
- Do not use upper case letters because they give the impression that you are shouting.
- Do not put too many ads. Most users find them annoyingly distracting.
The best website design is one that offers good user experience. The development, design, and content should improve the user experience. Hire expert web design company Singapore for a fully functional and good Singapore SEO firms to make sure its an optimized website.