As a local business owner in Singapore, you are mostly likely interested in marketing your services or products to Singaporeans. You do not want your marketing efforts to be wasted on international audiences that will never buy your services or products.
So how do you maximize your online presence to reach your local audience?
The secret is local SEO.
Local SEO is an online marketing strategy that makes sure that when customers search in your local area your business appears on Google maps and search engines.
Why is Local SEO Important?
Local SEO is distinctively different from other SEO services because it targets specifically local and geographical searches. If you are a brick and mortar business or if your main target audience is the local customer living in Singapore then you certainly need an approach that focuses on local customers.
Local SEO makes sure that a customer gets search results that are relevant to them based on their current location. For example, if you search for ‘best coffee house’ on Google, you will see results of all the coffee houses near where you are, well at least the once that have made use of local SEO.
People who search locally are more intentional and specific. They are also more likely to be at the end of the sales funnel ready to make a purchase. The only question at this point is ‘who is offering?’
Local SEO has recently become very popular especially now that mobile internet use is exploding. More and more people are browsing the internet via mobile phones. Majority of these are looking for local businesses.
Here are some important locals search statistics that you should think about as available on Hubspot:
- 72% of customers who do a local search visit a store within eight kilometers
- 30% of mobile searches are from people looking for a location.
- 28% of people who search for something nearby will end up buying it.
- 50% of people who search locally on mobile visit stores within one day.
- 78% of local-mobile searches result in offline purchases.
When customers search for Singapore businesses you want to be the guy whose business is found first. You want to be the store that these customers walk into and you want to be the one selling them the products and services they are looking for. That’s why local search should be important to you.
8 Things That Influence Local SEO
There are many service providers for SEO services in Singapore that you can get to help you with local search. The main goal of these service providers should be to help your website get local ranking.
There are tactics that are specific to local SEO largely ignored by most local businesses.
Here are some these tactics that your SEO expert should employ to help your website get local customers through local SEO.
- On-site optimization: Your on-page or on-site SEO should be on point if you want local customers to show you some love. On-site optimization involves creating high-quality web content, using keywords in your web content and authoritative backlinks. Also make sure that your pages have title tags with your brand name, the local keyword you’re targeting and the location. Your meta descriptions should also be optimized in a similar manner. If you get this done, your local search SEO goes up by about 21%.
- Using local content: Singaporeans will be more attracted to content about them and their country. So use content that is more local and that will resonate more with the locals.
- Outbound links: Use links from high authority local websites to give your website some authority and credibility boost.
- Consistent business information: Provide a consistent business name, address and phone number across all directories. Consistency is very important for local SEO as you want to display matching information everywhere to avoid confusing your potential customers.
- Directories: Online business directories are important if you want to be found locally. Make sure that your business information is listed correctly in popular online business directories. Use directories to improve your local SEO and get more traffic and business leads from your website through local searches. A few popular free Singapore directories that you can check out include Yelu, Kompass, ST Directory, Singapore Business Directory, among others.
- Google My Business: Make sure that you claim and optimize your entry on Google My Business (GMB) directory. The directory is free and will give you great local exposure as long as you optimize your listing correctly. To claim your Google My Business listing go to com/business and complete the verification process.
- Get online reviews: Online reviews are very important and you need to encourage your customers to post them online. 84% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust recommendations from friends and family. 7 out of 10 customers are willing to leave a review for your business if you ask them to. So if you have no reviews it is because you are not asking for them not because people don’t want to give them to you. Your Facebook page is a great place to collect reviews from as well as your Google My Business page. People will often turn to social media to search for reviews and that’s the space they are more likely to post reviews of products and services they have purchased.
- Encourage check-Ins: Use check-in apps for your offline store and request customers to check-in to your location online. Various social media platforms have integrated many location features that allow users to check-in. Facebook check-in promotions are one of the popular ones.
How Does Local Search Boost Your Business?
You have a clear understanding of local search, right?
Now let’s take a look at a few ways that local search can boost your business and why you should hire an SEO Singapore company.
1. Direct business leads to your website
Once you work on your local SEO and people are able to find you on the local search results, they will be directed to your website where they can interact with your web content. A web user is a potential business lead and if you play your cards right they can become your customer.
By using local keywords you put your business in front of local customers and you get placed on top of local map listings. This is exactly where you want to be if you want people to find your business.
Increased web traffic is great to keep your SEO score going. It is also great because it is the first step to get customers into your sales funnel. From here you can get them to share their email addresses and grow your email list. From the email list, you have a newsletter going and you can eventually get them to buy your product or service.
When you rank high on Google search results and on local maps, people will not have to struggle to find you and offer your business. The more people who are able to find you, the more potential customers will walk into your store.
- Increase social media engagement
Local search also promotes engagement on your social media accounts.
Just think about it. When you are looking for a business online there are two places you are likely to visit; their website and their Facebook page.
The same process takes place when locals are looking up your business. If you have a well optimized Facebook account it will appear on your Google listing and people will what to see what you have going on your page. This leads to increase likes. The more fans you have the more potential customers you will get.
So as you are working with a Singapore SEO company do not forget your Facebook business page. Share valuable content, optimize it with relevant local keywords, add your business information and share authoritative links.
All these strategies will make your Facebook page easy to find and therefore, attract more fans who you can then engage further as you try to turn them into buying customers.
- Grow your local reviews
High quality and positive reviews from customers increase your business’s visibility and credibility. Credibility is a huge factor when it comes to search engine ranking. So you totally need that credibility from your customers. The more you are visible the more customers you will attract.
If you nail local search then you will start having customers buying your products or services. And now that you know the importance of online reviews you will remember to ask them to leave you a review.
The more you grow your reviews the more trust potential customers will have in you making your job to convert them into paying customer easier. This is every business’s dream!
It is really not that hard. Just get yourself in the face, or rather fingers, of potential customers doing the local search online.
Local search will continue to grow and gain popularity. Predictions show that by 2020 there will be more and more search tools that are locally specific. The buying cycle will also be adversely influenced by an individual’s history, friends, and family recommendations all available locally online.
If you haven’t started paying attention to your local SEO performance now is the time. Do not let your competition beat you to it. Use local SEO services by local providers and take your local search performance a notch higher!