Lead generation is one of the most important business practices in the modern era. For starters, it allows brands to have a pool of prospective customers for their products and services. However, it is one of the trickiest and challenging tasks when doing digital marketing in Singapore today.
With that said, there are hundreds of ways that you can generate more leads. This includes everything from direct mail coupons, marque signs, offering freebies and more. However, email lead generation is one of the most popular tactics used by the majority of online businesses.
Email is one of the best ways to nurture new subscribers and move them down the conversion funnel. Statistics show that people of all ages prefer communicating via email with businesses they intend to make a purchase.
How to Get Started On Email Lead Generation
When done right, email marketing can give you an ROI of more than 4000%. Here is a proven process that will help you get started with lead generation via email:
- Research on and choose an email marketing service
- Create attractive signup forms and email marketing campaigns
- Develop the ideal lead magnet for your target audience
- Optimise your email subject lines to get people to open your emails
- Personalise your emails
- Test your emails and track the generated results
With that said, there are a variety of ingenious ways of using email lead generation tactics to get more leads. They include:
Invite To a Webinar
A webinar is one of the best ways of establishing a relationship with your prospects. It shows that you are willing to go out of your way to educate them on industry trends among other sources of information. This is a strategy that has been shown to work best for B2B companies.
Product demos and webinars are some of the most effective email lead generation tools available in the market. However, the webinar should be free and offered on a platform that can be accessed by a majority if not all prospects.
Unfortunately, most brands are focused on profit-making initiatives and give webinars a wide berth. Some brands say that they do not have anything to say, which puts them at a disadvantage. For starters, think about the relevant information that will add value to your client’s lives or businesses and develop a list of topics.
For example, if you offer insurance services, you could offer a webinar that provides actionable tips on how to buy insurance policies or how to go about the claims process. Here are a few webinar invitation tips that work:
- Segment your email list and target new customers in the early stages of your sales cycle
- Mention the webinar in the email subject line
- Create a sense of urgency using power words such as ‘quick.’ It will push the prospect to act fast and reserve a spot in the webinar
- Collect prospect information using a simple form. Ideally, you only need the prospect’s name and email address but you can configure the form to collect more information
Another email lead generation tactic is to offer content that customers want and can download. However, it should not be an old article or a list of tips; you need to offer value to entice the prospect to take action.
The catch to this email lead generation strategy is that the prospects must give you their contact information in exchange for the content. Once the prospect has provided their name and email address in the sign-up form, they can then download the content.
This is what is known as ‘gated content’ and the sign-up process is the gate. Here are actionable tips to help you draft an email to entice prospects about your content:
- Provide a teaser by telling the subscribers what they can expect by using descriptive sentences in your email subject line and body
- Have a clear CTA such as a red ‘Download it Now’ button
- Once the subscribers click on the CTA, they ought to be redirected to a landing page on your website with a contact form
A majority of your leads will give up their contact information to access the free content. It is up to you to personalise future email marketing campaigns to convert them into paying customers. It is necessary that you work with website designers in Singapore to optimise your UX/UI to lower your bounce rates.
This is a strategy where you marry email and social media marketing. The first thing you should do is create a contest that engages the leads and customers. However, be sure to stay away from freebies as they will not generate qualified leads. The social media contest will only engage people with a higher level of interest in your brand.
One of the strategies to consider is asking the prospects to submit content in video, image, or essay form. Better yet, there are several tools you can use to help you run a social media contest such as WooBox. Once you have the contest up and running, send out emails to your list of leads asking them to participate.
They will have to provide their names and email addresses to participate. Here are tips on how to create an email invitation for a social media contest:
- Create a catchy, simple, yet descriptive title and include it in your email
- Explain the details of the contest such as what the contest is about, what they get if they win, and how they can win. However, do it in the least amount of words possible
- Maintain consistency between your social media contest and your email invitation. This includes using the same fonts and colour scheme. When they click on the contest link, they will know that they are in the right place when they get to the contest
After completing a contest that provides user-generated content, be sure to use them in your prospective digital marketing campaigns. For example, you could use them as a Facebook cover photo, share the snippets of an essay in your tweets, or use them in your next email newsletter. The catch here is to tell the contestants that their submissions will be used in your digital marketing campaigns in Singapore.
The social media contest will generate new ideas for your digital marketing campaign in Singapore. Moreover, it also helps you to engage your customers through social media channels and it provides material for your future campaigns.
Having a qualified list of prospects generated from your email marketing campaigns is similar to winning the lottery. With the above ingenious email techniques, you will have a growing list of leads. However, the work comes in nurturing your list of subscribers to move them down the conversion funnel.
With that said, you do not want to move too fast and start sending out promotional emails about your products and services before the lead is ready. This will call for you to understand the customer buying process and working on personalising subsequent emails.
Moreover, you need to work with website designers in Singapore to help you crafting engaging email newsletters and social media contests. However, this is easier said than done, and you ought to hire an experienced agency that specialises in email lead generation among other digital marketing campaigns in Singapore.
Contact us for professional digital marketing in Singapore. Our support team is on hand to provide you with a free and non-obligatory quote.