Facebook groups is one of the largest social media platforms worldwide. The platform is growing tremendously resulting in an improved marketing stage. It is more likely to find your Singapore target audience on Facebook regarding the high number of Facebook visitors daily.
Facebook groups are essential for keeping in touch with the people you want, getting things done, making plans and sharing conversations, photos and videos. This provides a perfect option for marketing your business. You can use Facebook groups to convert new customers, improve your business brand and more whether you create your own or join one that is managed by someone else. This article goes through how to market your business to Facebook groups in Singapore.
Facebook offers a favourable platform for online marketing where you can advertise your business brands, with the possibility of reaching a considerable number of potential customers. However, running campaigns in Facebook groups may not be a simple task as it appears since it requires regularly maintained activities to avoid dormancy.
The use of Facebook and other social media outlets for marketing has recently increased with studies showing that there are more involvements in the Facebook groups as compared to Facebook pages in Singapore. Facebook groups hence seem to offer an efficient means of marketing; here are some of the ins and outs explaining why it is such an effective method.
Benefits of Using Facebook Groups
What makes groups more useful is how easy people post and interact with each other. A group mostly involves its members in most of their activities, unlike the pages where the admin runs and determines most of the events and their participants. That gives rise to several advantages for you and your business; here are some of these benefits.
Groups have a higher algorithm
As mentioned, in Singapore, there are relatively more involvements in Facebook groups than the pages. More so if you are active most of the time and regularly posting ads and other relevant content, the page’s active status will be higher. Therefore, News Feed algorithm rates them higher as well which means that your campaigns will reach a higher number of people.
A higher algorithm does not mean more success of your Facebook campaigns, but it may promote awareness and alertness to the members about your products and services.
Offers a contact channel
Sometimes a customer would like to reach you after seeing an advert, before going for your product. Facebook groups provide a proper channel where the customers can contact you and inquire about your services by sending a message to you. Through this avenue, good customer relation is built thereby putting up trust and loyalty among the clients.
As the group admin, you have the mandate to accept one’s request for joining the group. You have the choice to either reject or block the requests depending on the relevance to the target market. You may even determine whether the group is a private or secret one to limit its visibility in the search list. It means that the information you share on the groups is restricted to the members present in the group.
These features provide secrecy and a form of confidentiality allowing you to let in only people with significant interests. You can practice email marketing with the people in the group for example by sending advertisement emails to them. You can send them links via email, through which they can follow to your web pages.
It might be hard to create a form of interaction in your website unlike in most of the social media outlets. Facebook groups help in developing a kind of a connection between you and the clients in the group. This association brings about the feeling of community as members can interact among themselves through posts or private chats. Once a relationship is built on the entire group team, your product is, therefore, capable of attracting more sales as your campaigns are likely to be successful.
Why You Should Join Facebook Groups for Business
The Facebook group joins together people who share similar interests. Joining a Facebook group with people who match your target audience gives you multiple marketing opportunities to promote your business brand cognizance by displaying your expertise and being supportive.
To see these opportunities, you should click on the search box located on the right-hand menu of the Facebook group page. Input the topic or keyword you are interested in into the search box to see the posts related to them.
Facebook Group Queries
People ask lots of queries in Facebook groups. You should find questions that will give you a chance to show your specialized skills or expertise. You will start marketing yourself by outrightly answering the questions, stating your products or services and even sharing helpful blog posts. This type of marketing is super powerful as the audience are highly targeted.
You will soon be on top of people’s mind by providing solutions to their questions regularly. The group members will even start tagging you in their comments in an attempt to find answers. Moreover, you can generate original content for your potential customers from the frequently asked questions.
How to Find Groups on Facebook
Facebook allows you to join about six thousand groups. These groups contain everything and anything. Consider these groups owned by other people as mini communities. If you want to join a Facebook group and interact with the members daily, you first need to sign in into your Facebook profile account. On the left side of the home page, there is an explore section where you will find groups.
Tap on the group’s section to go to the landing page of discovering groups. Facebook will use information on the pages you like, and the groups your friends have joined to suggest groups for you. It will also let you see the proposed group members that are your friends. Here you can find Facebook groups with people who match your target audience. Both closed and public groups are available on these suggested groups.
Joining Facebook Groups
You need to ensure that you fit perfectly to a Facebook group before you join. Ensure that you first click on a group to read its description and understand the mission of the group. More so, group owners often post some rules for you to join the group.
These rules are contained on a top pinned post of the group timeline or in the description area. Make sure you go through the rules carefully to make sure that you are not prevented from joining the group. Such rules include avoiding duplication, staying on topic, avoiding self-promotion or spam and making use of the moderators. After you get the appropriate group for you to join, you just have to click the join tab.
It is keynote that some of the groups require you to answer entry questions before they can process your joining request. Answering these questions enables the admin to know more about you, and he or she is the only one who sees the answers. After the application is through, you will get a notification after it has been approved. You need to spend some time interacting with the group to learn how the members operate the conversation tones. This way you will be able to start launching your marketing strategies successfully.
Why Should You Create Your Facebook Group?
Even though it helps promote your business, engaging in Facebook groups owned by other people requires you to follow the rules and guidelines in place. Having your own Facebook group will enable you to use it specifically for your marketing goals as you have full control of the entire group experience. As a business owner, you need to make perfect decisions on why you want to create the group and how you will use it.
The common ways in which business owners use groups include;
- Establish authority. You can use your email subscribers to create a Facebook group that you will use to educate and further inspire them using educative prompts and posts. Use the group platform to share useful tips, tutorials, tricks and articles in a bid to show your expertise in your business industry. This will help you to establish authority.
- Build a community around products. Many businesses create groups as a result of someone purchasing their product or services. These groups formed as a result of products and services sold enables the members to have a place where they can inquire for help or training from the business owners. Ensure that you create community groups around the products you sell.
- Generate a topic-focused community. do not make a mistake of using your business name as the name of your Facebook group. You need to name it according to a topic that your business is an expertise of such as Singapore social media healthcare providers.
After you have decided on why and how you will operate your group, you can go on and start creating your Facebook group.
Create A Business Facebook Group
At the left-hand side of your Facebook home page, tap on create a group. This will lead you to a landing page for you to name your group, add people and set the privacy level of the group. Before creating the group, you need to add a minimum of one person to it. Add a person who is already aware that you are creating the group but will keep it a secret until you are ready to launch it. Regarding your business goals and objectives, your Facebook groups can either be closed, secret or public.
- Closed groups. These groups are open for anybody to send joining request but the requests have to be approved by the group administrator. Before becoming a member of the group, you cannot be able to see the closed group posts. This is most popular for business as you can give tutorials to your group members without anybody from outside seeing.
- Public groups. As the name suggests, anyone can see the posts of the group, and anyone can join the group. Majority of the people join to spam other group members with their post contents. Public group works perfectly when created on events or certain topics.
- Secret groups. The group posts are only seen by members. More so, the group does not appear in search results. Secret groups are often meant for specific members and are mostly centralized around a particular service. This is an excellent option if you are looking to establish your business authority. People may even pay to join the group.
According to the descriptions above, you can be able to decide the type of group that is best for your Singapore marketing. You can now set the privacy settings and create a new Facebook group ready for loading details, setting preferences and uploading images.
Customize Your Facebook Group
The first step in customizing your Facebook group is adding 828 times 315-pixel cover photo. The cover image should act as a representative of the group’s interest. After the picture shows up on the group’s timeline, click on it and input the rules and description of the group. You can then click the settings completion button. It is essential that you decide because you will run your Facebook groups.
This may include the provision of customer support, educating people, or basing it around your business event. Moreover, there exist many Facebook group types in which you need to choose the right one for your business among all hose. This enables Facebook to categorize you correctly for search results. After you have perfectly chosen your group type, finish on tags, location, description, email and web address settings.
Now your group looks how you wanted it to be. It’s time to upload about three to five posts to give your new members something to keep them busy. One of these posts should have a clear outline of the group’s rules and ensure you pin it at the top of the group timeline. This will save your time as the regulations are indicated.
Summon People to Join Your Group
At this stage, your Facebook group is up and running with some few posts. It is the right time for you to invite people to visit your group. However, you need to take careful considerations in asking your family members and personal friends. This is because they are not paying customers in many cases even though they are there to support you. Try and focus on the target audience for your business and where they are most likely to be found. Some of the best options you can use when inviting people to join your group include;
- Adding a social button on your business website page that acts as a link to take people to your Facebook group page.
- Inviting your website visitors to join our group
- Sending an email to introduce your Facebook group to your email subscribers with a link to the group page.
- Sharing your new Facebook group link on all your available social media platforms.
- Add a joining invitation on your lead magnet thank-you page.
Create Valuable Content for Your Facebook Group
You ought to have defined a long-term strategy of the content you will use to achieve your business goals through the group. Will your content be entertaining, educational or inspirational? If you want to keep your group members engaged, you have to provide unique and valuable content regularly. Some of the platforms that you can use to get exciting and trending topic contents for your group members include;
- Google news. This is one of the easiest and fastest ways to find the content to share with your group members. Input your search query in google and select news to view the most recent articles about your question. Using this current information will enable you to cement your place as the industry expert.
- Buzzsumo.com. This is the best site for the top and trending topics. Buzzsumo gives you the most trending topics at that time and the most popular according to your search query. You can use these top contents to educate and inform your members.
- Industry awareness. You need to continually update the group with the developing issues in your business industry as you keep up to date with other trending contents. That your group members may be interested in.
Inspire Members to Engage
To have a successful group, your contents must attract interactions among the members of the group. Some of the tips you can use to inspire interactions and engagements within your group include;
- Tutorials. Ensure that your weekly post tutorials are seeking to help out and support your group members. This will help you cement your authority in your business industry.
- Polls. You can use surveys for your group members to vote the next content type, blog title or logo. It is one of the best ways to spark interactions within the group.
- Challenges. You can create a challenge and ask your group members to take part in it. You can then invite them to work it out together if they are willing to learn an extra bit.
- Live questions and answers. You can start weekly sessions of live questions and answers as your group grows to support and educate your members.
- Quizzes. Other than providing fun, quizzes are essential in collecting data from the members about the group.
- Theme prompts. Daily prompts enable your group members to feel part of the group by allowing them to share something about themselves. They can post about a specific topic daily.
Lastly, you should think about the need to hire a community manager as it continuously becomes more active and grows bigger. The most active members of the group are the suitable community managers to help you manage your time in the group. You will be able to concentrate on the weekly objectives and goals as they monitor the daily posts and comments.
Getting the Most Out of Facebook Groups
So, how do you use a Facebook group to ensure the most outstanding outcomes? Well, here are some tips and guides that will help you successfully run and use a group to market your business brand.
Establish some rules
When dealing with several people like in a Facebook group, it is essential to set some standards that may help in controlling the posted content. Facebook has got you covered with some already set rules while you can also add yours. For instance, no vulgar language and no spam, are some of such rules you need to update on the rules’ section. You can also provide the information on these rules in a newsletter and send it to the members in a soft copy. They help in avoiding disturbing or startling content that may scare some members away.
Update all group portions
In the hopes of getting more people to join the group, you need to fill all the sections provided during the setting up of the Facebook group. Some scam groups will hide information from the audience with the aim of obscuring their identity. A trustworthy group must provide all the general information to gain the attention of many customers.
Be active most of the time
An essential thing while running a Facebook group is formulating exclusive content for your members. That includes information that only they can access, apps limited to membership downloads, and subscription plus discount offers for members only.
Being in contact with group members is also crucial. Ensure that you are online most of the time and you communicate with the members. Organise events and invite them to join, and bring up discussions in the group that involves a contribution from members. In short, keep the group active and lively.
Update posts frequently
For any group to remain active, there has to be a consistent flow of activities. These include posts, and hence you should ensure that you update them regularly. Posts including questions to the members help in more involvement while they answer and add comments. Do this regularly to keep up the pace, and in turn, your products or services will end up gaining more popularity.
Sometimes you may be running several campaigns or groups concurrently, and it may be hard to manage numerous posts. In that case, you can acquire a management tool such as SocialPilot or AgoraPulse to help you with the preparation and scheduling of different posts.
Observe the group’s analytics
Facebook groups analytic tools, such as LikeAlyzer, help in better administration of the group by providing details on the progress of the campaigns. It provides information on rates of engagement and compares the group with other existing groups hence rating it in terms of performance.
React to members’ posts and comments
In several instances, the members of your group will post or even add comments on your various posts. It is important you respond to them through answers, in case of a question or comment in case of a post. That improves the relationship between you and the members.
Facebook groups are essential in helping you build an engaged Singapore community, get new customers, partners and peers for your business. More so, it is an excellent way of showing your expertise in your business industry. You should ensure that you incorporate Facebook groups as one part of your other digital marketing strategies for you to have an edge in the competitive Singapore market. Take a step and create your Facebook business group while you also join
Use of Facebook groups is an effective way of promoting your business brand, and if appropriately handled, the benefits will eventually be abundant. Following the guidelines above will ultimately help your business in fully benefiting from the campaigns.