Your B2B marketing strategy may be prone to chaos but behold, you can easily measure – with little technology and right tools – the effectiveness of the content and avoid the pandemonium altogether. Here is how to improve your digital marketing.
Start by assessing your tech
How is the budget being allotted? Are flaws in your workflow costing you money and time? Those are the kind of questions you need to ask yourself while assessing the tech might of your digital marketing. Also, consider the following:
- The kind of voicing preferred by your personas
- The consistency of your message with all the involved channels
- List of social channels preferred by the buyers and potential leads
Besides considering the above, you also need to have the following essential platforms:
- CMS which includes such tools as Drupal, Kentico, Sitecore, Squarespace, WordPress etc
- Marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot, and Eloqua
- CRM including Microsoft Dynamics, and Salesforce
- Content management platforms such as Kapost
- Social media platform monitoring, scheduling, and engagement tools such as Hootsuite, Lithium, and Sprout Social
You know you’re ready to begin aligning your technological capabilities and your objectives when you have the above-mentioned platforms set up.
Put your SEO in order
SEO optimization is not just a reserve of B2C but B2B as well. But optimizing SEO in a B2B environment is a hard task and most organisations that try it tend to fail. Yet the B2B SEO optimization isn’t something you’ll obtain on the web. It is the job of the SEO expert on your team to optimize the content and ensure the keywords are targeted appropriately.
- Track the success of your SEO
- Mind the traffic
Use such tools as Google Analytics to track the traffic in terms of whether it’s organic; whether it’s paid; and if it’s referred.
- Some little of Heatmap analytics
Heatmap analytics are essential in determining the location of visitors with most clicks or engagement on your site. Better yet, you can use it to determine the total amount of time spent by an individual on your site and the type of content that receives most engagement.
- A/B testing
Use A/B testing to test an array of subject lines and call to action to determine the best approach to attract more clicks.
Measure the reach of your content
Marketing metrics is one of the key elements used in auditing the B2B strategy both for teams and individuals. But why measure the internal and external reach of your B2B strategy? Well, the insights obtained in the analysis gives you a broader picture of the type of content, topics, and type of messaging that is effective for the market.
However, measuring the external reach is tough. An incredible 17% digital marketers studying Demand Metric have been found to be unable to put up any meaningful or effective measurements while another 49% use basic metrics such as downloads and clicks.
Remember to put in mind the following numbers when auditing the external reach:
- Monthly engagements by engagement type e.g. page views, downloads, open rates
- The number of engagements by persona, content type, and sales
- Quarterly’s 10 most engaged assets
It is easy to overlook the internal reach calculation while measuring the success of your B2B marketing yet it is critical to the overall success of your strategy. You know you’re wasting your time and resources when your internal teams and clients fail to find value in your content.
Track the following key metrics to establish a closed feedback loop system across the whole life cycle of your content:
- Total number of MoM (month over month) interview views received by your assets
- Total number of MoM in internal downloads of the assets
- Total number of MoM in internal assets via social or email
- The overall amount of MoM in referral traffic from the internals shares
- Don’t forget to track your social channels
Social media marketing is starting to become synonymous with B2B. In fact, according to the survey, 71% of the B2B marketers used social media sharing and content marketing. Sadly, only 21% of them regard it as being “effective”.
Increase the reach of your marketing by tapping the effectiveness and power of social media and then, eventually, integrate more social channels. There more on B2B social media marketing other than the retweets and likes. The main goal of social media marketing, however, is to drive more lead clients into making sales.
You will also want to track:
- Total number of reposts or shares made by influencers
- Total number of reposts or shares by leads
- Total number of impressions or engagement
You can’t underestimate the power of tools such as Google Analytics and SEMRush in tracking your performance. Some social media tools would come with inbuilt auditing tools t measure the performance – Facebook Insights is a good example. Such tools can be helpful in analyzing important metrics such as the time users are often online, the level of engagement received by your posts, and the reach of your posts.
Digital marketing is a constantly evolving field. You should assess your B2B strategy often to keep pace with the emerging trends and shift in demands. That’s not all, you can get the best marketing results by consulting with the leading digital marketing consultant and learning how they have managed to help businesses thrive through online campaigns for years. With MediaOne, you are guaranteed of results.