Imagine having your sales team do the same thing repeatedly, day after day. It would be like a choreographed dance — but with less enthusiasm.
That’s what it’s like to manually send out messages, update profiles, and maintain a presence on LinkedIn. It can be tedious and time-consuming — not to mention unproductive.
But, take heart! With the help of LinkedIn automation, you can bypass all that manual labour and move swiftly into more strategic (and productive!) activities! Automating your LinkedIn tasks can save time, boost efficiency, and [generally] make your job easier.
So, What’s LinkedIn Automation?
Simply put, it’s a tool that allows you to automate repetitive marketing processes on LinkedIn. You can set it up to send messages, update profiles, and post updates. You can even schedule posts for when your target audience is most likely to be online.
The tool uses AI to help you manage your campaigns, target your audience, optimise your outreach, and track your performance — so you can get the most out of your LinkedIn efforts.
Use Cases for LinkedIn Automation
Now that you know a bit about LinkedIn automation, let’s look at some use cases.
- Use it to Boost Brand Awareness: Automating your LinkedIn presence will ensure that you’re always visible to potential customers. Use it to post new updates, share content from other sources, and engage with your audience.
- Use it to Generate Leads: LinkedIn automation can help you reach out to prospects, build relationships, and nurture leads. You can use it to target potential customers, send them personalised messages, and even schedule follow-ups.
- Use it to Monitor and Engage: Use LinkedIn automation to monitor conversations related to your brand, join relevant groups, and respond to customer inquiries.
- Use it to Increase Productivity: Automating your LinkedIn tasks can save time for other, more important activities. You can also use automation to streamline processes, so you don’t have to go through each step manually.
- Schedule and Manage Your Social Media Campaign: The automation tool is even more effective when used in conjunction with a professional-looking website. You can easily create, schedule, and manage your social media campaigns using the automation tool, ensuring that everything runs smoothly at all times.
- Boost Your Brand Visibility on LinkedIn: With the help of automation, you can make sure the right people are seeing your brand at the right time. Automation will allow you to target a specific audience, engage with them, and track your performance.
- Send Messages to Your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram Followers based on What They’re Reading: Automation can help you stay connected with your followers and engage with them. The AI allows you to send messages to your followers based on their reading automatically.
So, there’s no need to worry about manually managing your LinkedIn presence — automation is here to save the day.
7 LinkedIn Automation Tools for Your Business
Now that you know what LinkedIn automation is and how it can help improve your productivity, let’s look at seven tools you can use to automate your LinkedIn marketing efforts:
Zopto is a cloud-based automation tool that helps you manage and optimise your LinkedIn campaigns. It enables you to automate different LinkedIn activities, such as sending messages, engaging with your audience, and optimising your outreach.
You can use it to reach customers outside your network, send them personalised messages, create an email or message sequence, and track your performance.
- Has one of the most user-friendly interfaces you’ll ever come across
- Takes minutes to set up a campaign with Zopto
- You can add as many LinkedIn accounts as you wish
- Poor customer support
- No transparent payment practices
- No free trial
Despite its few drawbacks, Zopto is still one of the most popular LinkedIn automation tools out there. It’s easy to use and comes with all the features you need to get the most out of your LinkedIn marketing efforts.
Dux-Soup is another outstanding automation tool for LinkedIn. It offers a range of features that help you automate various tasks, such as message sending, lead generation, account management, and more.
Use it to discover, track, and engage with new leads.
It can also endorse prospects’ skills and send them a personalised connection request.
- Intuitive user interface
- One of the best automation tools to boost lead generation
- Can export profiles to a CSV file
- Has a commendable customer support team
- It can scan LinkedIn profiles in bulk
- Enables message customisation for better lead engagement
The free version is quite limited
There’s a little bit of lag when uploading lead lists
LinkedIn is constantly changing its features, and every time it happens, you have to wait for Dux-Soup to make the necessary adjustments
Despite its few drawbacks, Dux-Soup is still one of the most reliable LinkedIn automation tools available. It’s easy to use, has an excellent interface, and is packed with features designed to help you get the most out of your LinkedIn campaigns.
As the name suggests, Aeroleads is a powerful automation tool that enables you to find, capture, and grow leads.
You can easily track brands, individuals, phone numbers, emails, and more. It also has a comprehensive feature set that allows you to target and engage with leads on LinkedIn automatically.
The most outstanding feature is its ability to export leads directly from LinkedIn and use it to create an email list in real time.
It can trace your prospects’ business email, company names, website URLs, locations, job titles, etc.
It also integrates seamlessly with some of the top CRM solutions like Salesforce, Zoho, and much more.
- Easy to set up and use
- They have an excellent support team that you can chat with via phone, email, or live chat
- It collects data carefully, hence a higher likelihood of getting verified leads
- There are as many as 15 data points that Aeroleads can extract, including full name, generic company, location, job title, and more
- It sometimes displays wrong or inactive (not so often, though) email
- It’s a bit expensive for small businesses
- Slow to load information
- Their basic version can only get you a limited number of contacts
Aeroleads is an excellent option for automating your LinkedIn campaigns. It’s reliable, feature-rich, and has plenty of data points to help you target the right leads.
Dripify is an advanced automation tool for LinkedIn that helps you create fully-automated campaigns and send personalised messages to your prospects.
It’s an excellent automation tool for business owners, recruiters, and marketers who want to save time and effort in their LinkedIn campaigns.
It offers a range of features, including automated connection requests, message segmentation, content scheduling, sales funnels, and more.
Their Analytics is also impressive, giving you important metrics such as conversion rates, team statistics, and open/click-through rates.
- It helps you create automated marketing campaigns
- They provide a detailed analytics dashboard to track performance
- It has a powerful segmentation tool
- It can create custom sales funnels
- Integrates with Zapier and many other third-party CRM solutions
- No smartphone app is available
- The interface could be more intuitive
- You can’t save a custom sequence template that you can reuse later
- Its inbox has no filters
#5. Linked Helper 2
Linked Helper 2 is as its name suggests: a LinkedIn helper. It’s an AI-based automation tool that helps you find, capture, and engage with more leads on LinkedIn.
It also doubles as a CRM solution, allowing you to store and organise your contacts’ data in an easy-to-find manner.
It has a “smart search” feature that lets you quickly find and connect with potential leads.
Plus, it can automatically connect with 2nd and 3rd-degree contacts, send personalised messages across multiple accounts, track engagement metrics, and more.
It helps you stay engaged with prospects, automatically liking, commenting, and responding to their articles.
- It has an intuitive and user-friendly interface
- The AI-based search engine helps you find the right leads quickly
- They have a free trial period
- Integrates with multiple popular CRM tools like Zoho, Salesforce, and more
- It enables you to create personalised, customisable message sequences with your signature
- Automatically invites prospects to follow you on LinkedIn
- No free version, just a free trial
- You can’t use emojis in your posts or messages
- The interface can seem a bit confusing at first
- Malfunctions sometimes while trawling leads
Linked Helper 2 is the perfect tool to target and engage with more leads on LinkedIn. It’s easy to use and integrates with most CRM tools, which is excellent for keeping your contacts organised.
LiProspect is an AI-based automation tool for LinkedIn with a humanized algorithm. It can help you manage follow-ups and outreach with its autopilot feature.
It can also help you find targeted leads, send messages, auto-schedule posts and campaigns and track your performance.
- It has a humanized algorithm to help you target the right leads
- It has an easy-to-use interface
- It allows you to create and manage follow-up campaigns easily
- It can auto-schedule posts and campaigns
- You can easily track your performance
- Some of their features can be a bit unresponsive
- It can be a bit expensive for some users
- The analytics features are not as comprehensive as other similar services
- Their customer support team isn’t the best
LiProspect is an excellent tool for targeting the right leads, managing their follow-ups and campaigns, and tracking their performance.
If we had prepared this list starting with the best in the business, we would have placed SocialPilot first. It’s one of the best, most highly functional, and most affordable social media automation tools.
The tool has many features that flexibly enable you to publish your content on your LinkedIn account and company pages, all from a single dashboard.
You can use it to engage with prospects and create and manage campaigns. It also includes valuable metrics to track the performance of your campaigns.
- It has an easy-to-use interface
- It can create and schedule customized posts for your LinkedIn profile and company page
- You can move around your posts and edit them directly from your calendar
- It allows you to bulk schedule up to 500 LinkedIn posts, with images and videos, and upload them at once if needed
- It provides valuable insights and analytics to measure your performance
- It understands what posts your followers respond to well and at what day or time of the day
- It allows you to polish your reports by giving them a professional touch and customizing them with your logo and branding before sharing them with clients and other stakeholders via email
- It allows you to synchronize with your social media managers and clients and even invite them to collaborate with you on specific accounts
- You can streamline your workflow by organizing tasks, setting reminders and notes
- It allows you to add GIFs, emojis, and infographics to your LinkedIn post to make them look more creative, engaging, and appealing
- The user experience can be a bit buggy at times
- The free trial period is short
How to Create a LinkedIn Automation with Zopto
Before signing up for Zopto, ensure you have signed up for a LinkedIn Sales Navigator Account. Follow this link to create an account (https://www.linkedin.com/premium/products/?upsellOrderOrigin=guest_login_sales_nav&utype=sales). Note that this isn’t free, but it’s worth it.
Luckily, you can sign up for a one-month free trial.
And if it doesn’t work for you, you might want to cancel it before the 30 days to avoid being charged for the service (which costs about $100/month).
After signing up, go ahead and search for your niche audience. For example, if you want to reach out to people related to marketing, type “Marketing” in the search box.
Once you find your target audience, you can save them to your list and start automating your LinkedIn outreach.
Now, go to Zopto and set up an account. Zopto has an onboarding process that will help you get started.
Once your account is set up, go to “Create Campaign.” Next, give the campaign a name, go back to LinkedIn and copy the URL of the search you did earlier. Paste it in the “Filter URL” section in Zopto.
Set it to “ignore first-degree profiles.” You also want to check “automate data cleansing.” Leave the rest unchecked.
Save the Campaign.
Over on schedule, select what time of day Zopto should send out messages. You can leave it on default (between 9 and 5) or choose a more convenient time.
Save the schedule and head over to Module.
The Module is where the fun stuff happens.
You can start by checking the “Profile Views” box. This will ensure that your target audience sees your profile before receiving a message from you.
Adjust it to about 35/day.
You can ignore Twitter unless you want to add in some extra outreach.
Next, Check “Profile Invites” and set it to 35/day. This will ensure that you send out invites to your target audience at the same rate as profile views.
You don’t have to set “delay” because you want it to happen as soon as they view your profile.
Send them A Connection Message
Under “Invite Messages,” write a simple invite message. Nothing fancy or personalised – just something that states why you would like to connect.
Example: “Hi there! I noticed you’re interested in marketing and thought I’d drop you a line. Would love to connect and chat about our mutual interests.”
No personalisation because this will automatically give the impression that you’re using an automated bot.
Free Inmail: You can also set an email message to the invites. While we don’t recommend you do this, it’s an option.
If you wish to send emails, check the “free inmail” button, and click “settings” to adjust the email message.
You can use this to give a more personal touch to your link requests, but we recommend you don’t go overboard with personalisation.
Sequence: This great feature allows you to create different messages and send them out at specified intervals. For example, if someone doesn’t respond to your initial invite, you can send a follow-up email the next day. You can also set up a follow-up message after one week or after they respond.
Options abound. It’s up to you to decide when, how often and what type of messages you want to send out.
Overall, the sequence option works great if your end goal is to sell something or if you want to nurture a lead.
But if you’re only interested in connecting and building relationships, you can ignore this feature.
At the end of the day, it’s all about optimising your outreach and making sure you’re reaching the right people.
Zopto comes integrated with Hyperise, which allows you to compose nice images with text attached to it. You can use it to connect with your invites and keep your engagement levels high.
You can even personalise images by bringing tags from their LinkedIn profiles and embedding them in the images.
There are a lot of genius things that you can do here. We recommend playing around with it and seeing what works for you.