Table of Contents
Are you looking for information on how to boost Facebook posts? You use a lot of time crafting content to post on your business Facebook page. But with a reduced organic reach, you will not receive a decent ROI.
This is the point where it is crucial to boost your posts. This feature is available to anybody with a business Facebook page. Promoting a post means paying for a post on Facebook to increase its reach. This is one of the best ways of advertising through Facebook in Singapore.
Advantages of Boosting Facebook Posts
- Control: You can manage your post after publishing it. For example, you can choose to stop boosting a post or decide to promote a different post.
- Ease of use: Your post goes live immediately once you click on the button “boost your post.” Only Facebook will review it for some moments and then start showing it to an increased audience. Also, you can boost any type of content.
- Targets a wider and specific audience: Your post will reach a broader audience than your list of followers. You will be able to set the aspects for the types of audience that sees your posts — for example, the location and demographics.
- A solution for a reduced organic audience: Facebook’s goal is to fill newsfeeds of individuals with content from family and friends and not brands. Their boosted posts option can assist you to achieve that.
- Access to analytics: Facebook Insights gives you a detailed summary of the functioning of your boosted posts. Open the insights tab on your Facebook business page and click on posts to see the performance of all your posts regarding shares, comments, reactions, clicks, and reach. You will have a chance to boost your other posts that performed well and have not been promoted.
Features of Boosting Facebook Posts
The content in Facebook’s boost post is up to you to decide. You can boost anything you wish, be it a call to action, a promotion, or an announcement. After that, you need to focus on three elements:
- Audience: Adjust the parameters for the people you want to see your posts including their interests, location, sex, and age, Also, you can generate lookalike audiences from individuals who have already exhibited interest on your brand, or custom audiences from your existing contacts.
- Budget: You have the power to decide on the amount you want to spend, starting with a budget of $1 daily.
- Duration: Boost your post for a specified period.
Cost of Boosting Posts on Facebook
Promoted posts, like any other means of social media advertising, comes at a price.
Rather than paying per post, or click, you set your budget. So, you can spend the amount you wish. The least possible budget is $1 a day. However, the higher the budget, the more the reach you are going to get.
Facebook advertising provides you with the approximated reach for each target audience and budget level. For example, you could be targeting people living in Singapore over the age of 20, $5 will reach between 500 to 2,040 individuals. The numbers vary depending on your target audience.
If you want to determine the amount that Facebook will charge you to boost a post, the best method is to try out with the variables and find out by yourself. You will get an approximate cost long before you make payments.
How do you Boost Posts on Facebook?
Here are the steps you need to take when you want to boost a post on Facebook:
Select the post you need to boost
If you are creating a new post, click the grey “Boost Post” button on the bottom-right corner of your page.
If you want to boost a post that already exists on your timeline, click the blue “Boost Post” button on the bottom-right corner of your post box. Otherwise, you can visit your insights page to see all your existing posts. You will see the “Boost Post” button next to each post.
Choose your target audience
A menu where you can set the parameters of your target audience appears after clicking on the Boost Post button. You can target a specific demographic depending on the interests, sex, location, and age. If you wish to generate a custom audience, click the “Create New Audience” button. From here, you can define your audience in any way you would like.
Set a budget
After defining your target audience, you need to choose a budget for your posts. Since you have a target audience, you can gauge the reach of your post under each budget level and determine the most effective for your needs.
Set the duration of the boost
Decide on the period you want your ad to run. Usually, you can choose one day, seven days, or 14 days. Or, you can decide to run a boosted post until a specific date.
Review the post
Take some moments to review the post to ensure it looks good, all the links work, and is free of errors.
Choose a payment option
Facebook accepts payments from all payment methods you might expect. You only need to add your details if they don’t exist on Facebook.
Boost your post
You are now ready to boost your post! Facebook reviews content in all boosted posts, so it can take some time before publishing your ad. You can track the status of your post any time by checking the Delivery section in your Ads Manager.
Tips for Boosting Facebook Posts
- Set clear goals: Are you trying to increase your brand awareness? Do you want to generate more likes on your page? Do you want to increase traffic to your site? Understanding your goals can assist you to create a call to action a logical call to action and determine the effectiveness of your boosted post.
- Try out various demographics: Boost your post to different target audiences to determine the one that gives the best results. You can section your audience based on age or location to see the factors that are most effective for your business.
- Narrow down your audience as much as possible: Segment your audience using different parameters to increase the relevance of the audience seeing your post.
- Don’t run an ad for too long: Facebook says that the results of any boosted ad decline after running it for a week. So, don’t let your ad run longer than a week.
- Compare and experiment different posts: Try out various boosted posts, including different durations, audiences, and types of content. You can access all your existing posts. Testing different ads will assist you to determine what works best for your brand and craft future posts based on that.
- Boost your posts automatically: If you use Hootsuite, you can create customizable rules depending on a specific keyword, the number of comments, shares or likes to boost your best Facebook posts automatically direct from your Hootsuite dashboard.
You can reach thousands of people who may have never heard about your brand using a boosted Facebook post for a few dollars. To get the most out of your Facebook marketing, boosting posts is one of the best strategies to use.
Get in touch with us for custom social media marketing services in Singapore. We will do everything possible to ensure that your business wins.