The online recruitment market is expected to grow a CAGR of 7.1%, reaching US$43.39 billion by 2027, up from US$26.68 billion in 2019, according to the latest market research report by Fortune Business Insights.
It’s no surprise that WordPress job board plugins are becoming increasingly popular. It’s a trend that’s peaking up steam, and there’s no better time to jump on the bandwagon than now.
Ready to get started? Here’s a quick guide to the top WordPress job board plugins you can use to post and search for jobs, manage applications, and even monetize your listings.
What’s a Job Board?
For the uninitiated, a job board is a website that allows employers to post job listings for potential candidates to apply. Conversely, job seekers can search for jobs and submit applications on the same platforms. It’s like having your own virtual recruitment agency.
How Does it Work?
A job board has two main components: the job posting portion and the applicant tracking system (ATS). The job postings are what employers use to create their listings, while the ATS allows them to manage applications and track candidates.
The Benefits of Using WordPress Job Board Plugins
WordPress job board plugins allow you to quickly set up a job board with all the features you need. You can easily customize design elements, create job postings, manage applications, and more. Many of these plugins include additional features like applicant tracking systems (ATS), social media integration, payment processing options, and monetization opportunities.
Five Things You’ll Need to Build your own Job Board on WordPress:
Ready to Get Started?
Here’re five things you’ll need to build your own job board on WordPress:
Hosting and Domain Name
Your job board can’t go live without a hosting provider and domain name. Hosting is the server space that stores all your website files, while the domain name is the web address people use to find and visit your site.
Different hosting packages allocate different amounts of server resources. So, you want to choose one that’s powerful enough to handle your job board traffic.
WordPress is the CMS (content management system) that will power your job board. It’s free, open source, and has plenty of customization options.
It’s a database-driven platform, meaning all your job postings and applicant information is stored in a database. Your website visitors access this data via WordPress pages to view job postings, submit applications, etc.
Job Board Plugin
The job board plugin is what turns your WordPress site into a fully-functional job board. It comes with all the features you need to post jobs, manage applications, and more.
Most plugins are mobile-responsive, too, so your job board looks and works great on any device.
Think of a theme as the skin of your website. It’s the design that decides how everything looks, from font styles to colours and layouts.
You don’t necessarily need a dedicated job board theme (although there certainly are some). Any responsive WordPress theme should do the trick.
Finally, you’ll need to determine how you will generate income from your job board. Some job board plugins offer built-in monetization options, such as featured job listings or pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
You may also need to look into additional payment processing solutions, especially if you plan to sell premium memberships and/or charge employers for posting jobs.
The Top 15 WordPress Job Board Plugins
That brings us to the last piece of the puzzle — choosing a job board plugin.
We’ve compiled a list of the top 15 WordPress job board plugins with features such as job postings, applicant tracking, etc. Plus, we’ve included links to demos so you can see each plugin in action.
Take a look and choose the perfect job board solution for your website.
#1. WP Job Manager
WP Job Manager is a nicely designed WordPress Job Plugin that uses shortcodes to keep things simple. It’s also lightweight, easy to use, and loaded with many features.
You can add job listings, allow employers to post jobs, manage applications, and more.
The plugin provides a WordPress-style dashboard for managing your listing.
It also provides simple tools for deleting, editing and managing your applications and listings.
WP Job Manager is compatible with just about any WordPress theme. It also has many other great features, such as a resume builder for job seekers, frontend job submission forms, job alert systems, shortlisting jobs, and customizable templates.
However, you’ll have to pay for add-ons to access many of these features.
The plugin also features user filters and the ability to style up your theme with its own built-in CSS editor.
WP Job Manager is an excellent choice for a job board plugin.
It offers plenty of features while remaining lightweight and easy to use.
- It’s a free plugin with lots of paid extras
- Uses short codes to manage listings
- It has job filters to help applicants search for relevant jobs
- It has a simple, easy-to-use dashboard
- It has a resume builder for job seekers
- The plugin is compatible with many themes
- It comes with its own built-in styler
- You can add and manage job postings from the front end
The plugin itself is free. But you’ll have to pay for add-ons, which cost between $19 and $39 per year.
#2. Apply Online
Apply Online is a popular and widely used WordPress job board plugin.
It’s an excellent option for businesses who want to manage their job postings easily.
The plugin comes with a drag-and-drop form builder, so you can easily create job applications for your website.
It is also very flexible, allowing applications for jobs, classes, special offers, and any situation that requires you to build a form.
The plugin also has a built-in auto-responder that helps you quickly respond to applicants.
It’s an excellent choice for job postings and has many features and customization options.
It lets you customize your applications, add images, add attachments, configure buttons, and manage your applications. While the plugin could work with any form of application, it’s better suited for job applications.
- A drag-and-drop form builder makes it easy to create job applications
- It allows you to customize your applications
- It has an auto-responder for quickly responding to applicants
- It comes with lots of customization options
- The plugin is compatible with many themes
- It’s free to use
- The plugin is free
#3. Simple Job Board
Simple Job Board is, as the name suggests, simple but complete. It provides you with the tools you need to list jobs, display them on your website pages using shortcodes, add application forms, and process every stage of the job application process. It also comes with several customization options and features, allowing you to customize the look and feel of your job board.
The plugin uses the WordPress dashboard to keep things simple and familiar. It also allows users to submit vacancies, filter by location, job type, email verification, attachment, and replies. The plugin also offers an applicant database, so you can store and track applications.
- A dashboard keeps things simple and familiar
- It provides application forms, filters, and more
- The plugin has an applicant database for tracking applications
- Create custom job postings with shortcodes
- It comes with lots of customization options
- It works with attachment files for extended role specifications
- Simple Job Board is available for free but offers premium add-ons for extended functionality
FreelanceEngine is a great plugin for WordPress job boards. It provides powerful job search filters, advanced payment systems, and more – all designed to help you create the perfect freelance job board on your website.
If you’ve ever thought of designing something similar to Upwork, Freelancer, Fiverr, or any other popular gigs website, FreelanceEngine can help you do it.
With features like Milestones, Escrow Payments, and Commission Settings, you can create the perfect freelance job board for your website.
- Flexible job search filters
- Integrated payment systems
- Milestones and Escrow payments
- Commission settings for employers and freelancers
- Integrated messaging system
- The plugin costs between $89 and $299.
#5. WP Job Board
WPJobBoard is another WordPress jobs board plugin that provides a powerful platform for creating job boards on your website. The plugin includes a theme, a listing section, frontend dashboards for applicants and employers, payment gateways, a drag-and-drop editor, and more.
It uses the WordPress dashboard to manage listings. It also has an easy-to-understand outline that shows you exactly what’s going on, what ads are live, which ones have elapsed, and which ones are new.
Users can submit their applications, resumes, and portfolios directly to employers from the front end.
- It’s a complete plugin with everything you need to create a jobs board
- Integrated payment gateways and membership plans
- Include employer’s and applicant’s dashboards on the frontend
- It allows for an easy job application and resume submission
- The plugin goes for $97 or $199
#6. Job Board Manager
If you’re looking for an easier way to manage jobs on your WordPress site, the Job Board Manager plugin is a great choice. The plugin has all the ingredients you need to create a professional-looking job board.
You can also integrate it with your existing website, customize the look and feel and create custom job categories.
It’s a deceptively simple-looking plugin, but it packs a lot of power. It includes a powerful backend for employers to manage their listings, and applicants can easily apply from the front with one click.
It has forms for listing vacancies, application forms, an admin section for managing users, and more. It has a clean design and uses shortcodes to list jobs and keep things simple.
- Create custom job boards with shortcodes
- Employer dashboard for managing listings
- Integrate it with existing websites easily
- Applicant forms for easy application and resume submission
- The plugin is free, but the premium version unlocks more features and costs $149 annually.
Jobseek isn’t a WordPress plugin but a theme, but it deserves a mention here. It’s an ideal solution for anyone looking to create professional-looking job boards quickly and easily.
The theme includes all the necessary features like job listings, applicant forms, membership plans, and payment gateway integration.
It’s an attractive theme boasting a modern design, a fast job filter, and advanced search options. It features a job submission form, single listing templates, an application form, a resume manager for the applicants, and a WordPress dashboard.
The theme can integrate with WooCommerce for paid packages and listings, and you can easily customize the look with unlimited colour options.
You can set email alerts and deadlines and manage job applications and resumes.
It also allows applicants to bookmark vacancies, store their favourite jobs, and more.
Features of Jobseek
- Job submission form
- Google Maps integration
- Integrate with FacetWP and WooCommerce
- Attractive Page Designs and Themes
- Many built-in job board functions
- It costs $39
JobRoller is a WordPress job theme complete with a job board and application process. It’s an all-in-one solution that makes creating a professional job listing website easy.
The theme has several integrated features like applicant forms, resume manager, email notifications, and advanced custom fields for creating job categories.
You can also customize the look of your site using the built-in theme editor.
The plugin also includes a job filter, an option to buy featured listings, and integration with PayPal to accept employer payments.
It has virtually everything you need to create a job board. It uses Ajax search and has shortcodes for easy customization.
It also has a user account section, resume manager, employer section, and full reporting function for logging activities.
Features of JobRoller
- Job seeker accounts
- Customizable job search filters
- Ajax search results
- Attractive design created with functionality in mind
- Uses structured data in its listing for SEO
- JobRoller goes for $69 or 199
#9. Job Engine
JobEngine is a self-contained job board theme with almost all the tools you’ll need to manage a job board. It boasts a simple but powerful design with colourful job listings. It has features like a resume database, job alerts, application tracking, Google Map integration, employer memberships, payment gateway integration, and more.
The theme looks professional and modern, with a user-friendly interface. It also has several custom widgets to display job categories and featured listings on your homepage.
It comes with complete documentation and support for setting up the theme. You can also customize the design of your job board using the built-in theme builder plugin.
Features of JobEngine
- Fully customizable design
- Job seekers can create accounts and upload resumes
- Full-featured application tracking system
- Monetization options
JobEngine is available for $89 or 199.
#10. JS Jobs Pro
JS Jobs Pro is an established job board plugin with plenty of features for setting up and running your own job board. It has a simple design but with powerful features like job search filters, applicant management tools, resume manager, and employer accounts.
It has a simple design but is effective and easy to use. It comes with a simple job submission form, and employers can log in through a secure admin panel. You can also customize the design using the built-in theme customization tool.
JS Jobs Pro also uses structured data in its listing for SEO, allowing your jobs to be easily found by search engines.
Features of JS Jobs Pro
- Simple job board plugin with all the features you need to create a fully functional job board
- Lots of listing functions, such as highlighting and bookmarking
- Social media application feature
- User submission form
- Employer accounts and applicant management tools
- JS Jobs Pro is available for $79 or $179, depending on the feature set you want to purchase. It also comes with a free version you can try out before purchasing.
#11. WP Job Hunter
WP Job Hunter operates a little differently. It’s an affiliate-earning plugin you can install on your WordPress site and list roles from Indeed, Simply Hired, Careerjob, and more.
You just have to set up the plugin with your affiliate ID and select the categories, locations, and job titles you want to display. Then you can use widgets or shortcodes to display these jobs on your site.
The affiliate earnings won’t make you rich, but if you’re looking to monetize your job board, WP Job Hunter can be a great way to do it.
Key Features of WP Job Hunter
- Ability to display jobs from multiple job listing sites
- Easily monetize your job board with affiliate earnings.
- Compatible with almost any WordPress theme or plugin
- Simple setup and customization
- Job Hunter is available for $30. This price includes lifetime updates, support, and access to all the features.
#12. Job Board
Job Board is a fully featured job board plugin for WordPress. It’s a no-frill plugin that includes everything you need to create a job board on your website. It includes shortcodes and widgets for placing job postings on any page and a search function for users to find the job they’re looking for.
You can also create employer profiles and let employers post jobs directly on your site. Job Board also includes an applicant management system to quickly see who has applied for which jobs, making it easier to sort through applications.
Key Features of Job Board
- Create a job board on any WordPress page or post
- Ability to manage employers and applicants
- Option to charge for job postings
- Simple shortcodes and widgets for easy placement of job postings
- Job Board is a free plugin
#13. Posts Table Pro
Posts Table Pro isn’t a dedicated job board plugin, but it can help you create one. It’s a table manager WordPress plugin that helps you display posts, pages and custom post types in an easy-to-read table format. You can use it to create a job board on your website by displaying all your job postings in a searchable and filterable table.
One use case for Posts Table Pro is to create a job board with categories and tags. You can even add custom fields to add extra details to your job postings, such as salary or location.
Key Features of Posts Table Pro
- Create tables of posts, pages, and custom post types
- Filterable and searchable tables
- Flexible job listings with some configurations
- Compatible with almost any WordPress theme
- Can build multiple job listings
- Posts Table Pro starts at $59
#14. WP Job Openings
WP Job Board is a highly-rated job board plugin for WordPress. It’s simple to use, and you can quickly get your job board up and running. You can add all the features you expect from a job board, such as application forms, employer profiles, and payment plans.
The plugin has two layouts, a clean UI, grid and list, Ajax search filtering, notification manager, easy application form, and many other features.
Key Features of WP Job Openings
- Easy-to-use job board plugin
- 2 layout options, clean UI, grid & list
- Ajax search filtering
- Notification manager and easy application form
- The plugin is free, but they have a Pro Pack of add-ons for $34
#15. Job Manager and Career
The Job Manager & Career plugin is an all-in-one solution for creating a job board on your WordPress website. It has everything you need to get started and manage your job postings, including filters, categories, payment gateways, custom fields, etc.
The plugin is compatible with most WordPress themes. Even better, it inherits your theme’s colour, fonts, styles, borders, images, and logos, so your job board will look like an extension of your website.
Key Features of Job Manager & Career
- All-in-one solution for creating a job board
- Compatible with most WordPress themes
- Inherits theme’s colour, fonts, styles, borders, images, and logos
- Flexible filters, categories, and payment gateways
- Custom fields for job applications
Price: The plugin is free, but their paid version unlocks more features with a one-time fee of $49.00 for a single site, #99.00 for up to 5 sites, and $149 for up to 25 sites.