What started as a call centre, connecting consumers to courier delivery and two-wheeled transportation services, quickly became a revolutionary on-demand service provider across Southeast Asia.
Gojek, the original disruptor in Indonesia’s transport and services industry, revolutionised how people move, shop, and pay.
From food delivery to grocery shopping and even massage services, Gojek has made it easier for customers to get what they need with just a few clicks and swipes.
Gojek’s success is a testament to how technology can simplify everyday tasks and life. With its easy-to-use platform, entrepreneurs are flocking to join the Gojek bandwagon.
You can also get in on the action with a Gojek clone app. With a few modifications, you can create your own on-demand services business and reap the benefits.
Stuck on how to get started? Don’t worry — we got your back, as always:
What’s a Gojek Clone?
A Gojeck Clone is a Gojek-like app that provides similar features to the original. It’s essentially a copy of the existing platform, with customised features and modules tailored to suit your business needs.
It has features such as food ordering, ride booking, payment gateways, multiple language support, and even a chatbot. It’s convenient for entrepreneurs looking to enter the on-demand service industry quickly and with minimal effort.
Why Use GoJek Clone?
Gojek clone apps are a great way to jumpstart your business. You don’t need to invest in expensive coding, development, or design skills.
Here are some of the advantages of using a Gojek clone:
- Quick and easy to set up
- Access to all of Gojek’s features and functionalities
- Save time and resources with no coding or development required
- Customisation for your business needs
- It doesn’t require a huge investment
- The app launch and installation are handled by the team responsible for developing the app
With a Gojek clone, you can easily launch your business and make the most of the on-demand services industry. Plus, with all the features at your fingertips, you can expect your profits to skyrocket in no time.
A Deep Look into the Gojek App
The name Gojek comes from a combination of two words: “go” and “jek.” Go for its multi-service platform, and jek for the Indonesian word for a motorbike taxi, Ojek.
Gojek has been around since 2010 and is now Indonesia’s largest startup, with over 30 million users spread across nine cities.
The app features a variety of services, from ride-hailing, food delivery, and grocery shopping to massage services. Customers can also use the app to pay bills, book movie tickets, buy online products, and more.
The company partnered with one of Singapore’s largest banks, DBS, to provide a digital payment system. That allows customers to pay for services directly through the app, eliminating the need for cash payments and providing them with an easier way to make transactions.
Co-founded by Nadiem Makarim and Michaelangelo Moran, Gojek has had an impressive growth trajectory since its launch. It is now valued at over $10 billion and continues to expand its services to other countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, and India.
The company was first launched as a call centre in Indonesia. It sought to connect customers with ride-hailing services and courier delivery. By 2015, the app had grown to include four on-demand services:
- GoRide: A ride-hailing service similar to Uber.
- GoFood: A food delivery service.
- GoSend: An on-demand courier delivery service.
- GoShop: An online shopping service.
Since then, the company has added more services to its platform and offers over 20 services in Indonesia alone.
The nifty app has expanded and now operates in Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and the Philippines.
Suffice it to say that it’s the first Indonesian unicorn company and the first decacorn startup in Southeast Asia.
It’s also the only company in Southeast Asia with Fortune 50 companies among its investors.
How many people use GoJek?
- 38 million across Southeast Asia
- 29.2 million monthly active users (MAU) in Indonesia
- 4.3 million monthly active users in Vietnam
- 2 million MAU in Thailand
- 800K MAU in Singapaore
How Many Downloads Does Gojek Have?
- The Gojek app has had over 190 million downloads
- It has over 2 million driver partners
- It has over 900K GoFood merchants
Other Gojek Statistics
- The number of requested trips per minute: 3860
- The number of transactions processed in a month: 100 million
- The number of cities Gojek operates in: 204
- The number of trips completed in Singapore alone: 30 million to date
- The number of requested trips in Singapore per minute: 39 trips
- % of Gojek’s Indonesian Users: 80%
- The number of food deliveries processed via Gojek annually: $2 billion
- The estimated amount raised by GoJek in funding (as of 2oth March 2019): $3.1 billion
- The estimated valuation is: 11 Billion
- Gojek purchased Moka for 130 million
- The number of restaurants signed up with Gojek: 35K
GoJek Success Timelines
- October 2010: GoJek was launched as a call centre with a fleet of 20 motorcycle riders
- Mid-2014: Investors started showing interest in the app. That same year, GoJek started thinking of expanding beyond ride-hailing
- January 2015: GoJek launched three services: transportation, courier, and shopping. Over 400 riders around Jakarta and the neighbouring cities signed up for the app.
- March 2015: The app gained a lot of traction. It has 2000+ riders around Jakarta and the neighbouring cities. It expanded to Bali, onboarding 300 riders. Within three months, the app had expanded to Surabaya.
- April 2015: GoJek launched GoFood, its food delivery service.
That same month, it also expanded to Bandung.
- May 2015: The app had grown, 3K riders had joined, and it was now available in 5 cities.
GrabBike, one of its competitors, was launched by Grab around this time.
- August 2015: The app had grown to 30K riders thanks to its excellent recruitment. It extended its market to Makassar.
- September 2015: It launched Gomart, its on-demand shopping assistant service.
- October 2015: Raised funding from a series of investors, including Sequoia Capital. They also launched new services, including Go Box, Go Glam, Go Massage, GoBusway, and GoClean.
- December 2015: GoJek launched Go-tix to expand its services to Balikpapan, Jogja, Medan, Semarang, Palembang, and Solo
- February 2016: The company obtained two Indian Startups, C42 Startups, and Codeignition.
- April 2016: Launches GoCar to expand its ride-hailing services from motorbikes to a fleet of cars.
- In 2017: It acquired Loket.com and three other networks in Indonesia.
- January 2018: It grew to 125 cities and raised $1.2 billion from Google and Tencent.
- June 2019: GoJek acquired an Indian startup, AirCTO, an AI hiring platform
- In 2020: The company acquired Moka, an Indonesian startup that offers payment solutions.
- In December 2020: It started talking with Grab about the possibility of merging their businesses.
- February 2021: They reported to be closing a merger with Tokopedia.
- May 2021: Their merger with Tokopedia was confirmed. They established the GoTo Group.
- July 2021: The company talked about launching its Gojek business in Thailand.
Gojek’s Business Model: How Does it Work?
Gojek’s business model isn’t much different than any other ride-hailing app. It connects customers, merchants, and drivers.
Customers refer to the people who use the different services offered in the app. The multi-service, on-demand app lets them book rides, order food, shop for groceries, book appointments for beauty services and more.
The customer segments include:
- People looking to access multiple solutions
- People looking for reliable services at a reasonable price
- People looking for a variety of choices
- People looking to enjoy safe and fast delivery services
The value proposition for customers on GoJek includes:
- A One-stop shop for multiple services
- Round-the-clock customer support
- Secure and safe delivery options
- Convenient payment modes (cashless transactions)
- A different selection of reliable service providers
Gojek For Consumers
Here’s the flow of the process:
- Customers download and register with the app
- Customers place orders for services/products according to their needs
- The app tracks details of orders and notifies drivers or merchants to accept them
- Merchants/Drivers deliver services/products, depending on what was requested by customers.
- Payment is made via cashless transactions
- Customers receive the delivery
Gojek for Merchants and Drivers
Merchants and drivers are the ones providing services/products to customers. Merchants must register with GoJek before offering their products or services.
Similarly, drivers have to register to accept orders from customers. The value proposition for merchants and drivers includes:
- Ease of access via app
- Faster payment
- Extra income opportunities
Here’s the process flow:
- Drivers/merchants register with the GoJek app
- Make a profile
- They start receiving orders as per their availability
- They deliver services or products to customers
- The app tracks the progress of orders and notifies when payment is due
- Payments are made via cashless transactions
- Merchants and drivers receive payment receipts.
Their Revenue Model: How the Super App Makes Money
The nifty app has numerous income streams. It doesn’t just rely on rider commission and delivery fees. It also earns money from advertisements and referral programs.
Gojek charges a commission fee from merchants for every order they receive and process. It’s one of the most effective ways to make money.
For example, if a customer orders a pizza from a restaurant, Gojek charges them a commission fee for handling the transaction. Say Pizza costs $10, and Gojek charges a 15% commission fee, then the company will get $1.50 as its commission.
In addition to charging customers and merchants, Gojek also makes money from ads run on its platform. Companies may pay Gojek to advertise their products or services on the app.
The ads can be placed anywhere on the app, including on the ride-hailing screens or grocery delivery pages.
Service Charges from Customers
Gojek also charges customers for certain services, such as premium ride-hailing options. That can include things like business class rides and priority bookings.
The service charge is integrated into the bill to a minimal amount so as not to burden the customer.
Where the driver or merchant doesn’t wish to pay a commission, they can opt for a subscription which allows them access to all services at a fixed price.
For example, if a business owner wants to use Gojek for their deliveries, they can opt for a subscription which gives them unlimited access to services at one fixed price.
The Features of the GoJek Clone
The GoJek clone app contains dozens of high-end features that would have cost you an arm and a leg had you decided to build them from scratch.
Here are some of the top features of the GoJek clone:
- Restricted Passenger Limits: If you want to limit the number of passengers for a certain ride, this feature is for you. You can set restrictions on how many people can be in a single cab by limiting the no. of passengers in each ride.
- Item Search: With this feature, consumers can search for items or services by name, category, or location. That makes it easier for the customers to find what they need.
- Real-Time Tracking: The app allows customers and drivers to track each other in real-time, making it easier to communicate and know when they will arrive at their destination.
- Rating System: Customers and drivers can rate each other after every ride or delivery. That creates a sense of accountability and ensures that users provide quality services.
- Payment Integration: The GoJek clone has integrated payment options like PayPal, Stripe, and Apple Pay, making it easier for customers to make payments securely.
- Ride Cancellation: The app allows the customer to cancel a ride within a specific period. That way, the customer will not be charged for the ride if they cancel it before it’s too late.
- Safety Checklist: The app has a checklist that drivers and customers must adhere to to ensure their safety. That includes wearing a helmet and ensuring the driver has valid documents.
- OTP Verification: The app has a two-factor authentication process to ensure the customers and drivers are who they say they are. That adds an extra layer of security to the platform.
- Two Methods for Calculating Fare: The app has two methods for calculating fares. First based on the distance traveled and the second based on the time taken from point A to B.
- Delivery Instruction to the Driver Via Voice: The app guides the driver with audio instructions on how to reach a particular destination. That makes it easier for drivers to find their way around the city.
- Order Status: Both customers and drivers can check the order status to know when the order has been accepted, delivered or cancelled.
- Restaurant or Store Smart Commission: Depending on the service or product you are selling, GoJek can charge a smart commission. That helps businesses maximise their profits while keeping customers happy.
Now that you know some of the features of the GoJek clone, let’s zero in on how it can help boost your business profits.
How a Gojek Clone Can Help You Boost Your Business Profits Quick and Easy
So, how can a Gojek clone help you boost your business profits?
Let’s find out:
No Need to Have Multiple Applications
Imagine a situation where the customer has to install multiple apps to access different services. That would be inconvenient and time-consuming for the customer as well as you.
A GoJek clone allows you to have all the services your business offers in one app, so customers don’t have to download multiple apps. That saves time and increases customer satisfaction.
More Efficient Delivery and Pick-up Service
A GoJek clone helps make delivery and pick-up services more efficient. With a few finger taps, customers can order items, and the driver can track their location in real time. It makes the delivery process much easier and faster, thus saving time and increasing profits.
It Increases Growth
The higher your number of customers, the higher your profits. A GoJek clone helps you reach out to more people by making it easier for them to access your services.
It boasts the latest technology and a shitload of innovative features, such as order tracking, real-time location tracking, and secure payment options that help you stay ahead of the competition.
It Automates Your Business Processes
A GoJek clone automates your business processes, such as order processing, payment collection, and delivery tracking, thereby saving you precious time.
There’s no error and no guesswork involved. That makes your business more efficient and increases customer satisfaction, which can help maximize profits.
The GoJek clone offers advanced features like automatic invoicing, a feedback system, push notifications, in-app chats, loyalty programs, and coupon codes that you can use to enhance the customer experience further and increase your profits.
These features allow you to stand out, attract more customers and boost your profits.
The 70+ on-demand services make it a one-stop destination for everything your customers do online, making the app even more reliable.
Multilingual and Multiple Currencies Features
A GoJek clone allows customers to pay in their preferred currency. It also supports multiple languages, allowing customers from diverse cultures to access your services.
What’s more? There’s no limitation as to where you can launch the app. You can launch it in any part of the world, thus giving your business the coveted global visibility and the potential for higher profits.
Multiple Revenue Streams
No doubt a GoJek clone gives you access to multiple revenue streams. It starts with the 70+ on-demand services, goes to the commission you charge for every order, and ends with the various promotional activities that help increase your overall profits.
You earn a commission with every purchase a customer makes via the app. You also get to set promotional activities and discounts to incentivize the customers further and drive more sales.
It’s no wonder the Gojek app has covered over 108 million downloads, becoming one of Indonesia’s most popular on-demand service apps.
At the time of writing thus, the Gojek app is valued at $11 billion. And the best part, it’s a commercial model that anyone can duplicate for a slice of that success.
Commission Earning Opportunity
With a GoJek clone, you get to make money when customers purchase your services through the app. You can earn a commission by facilitating the transactions between customers and service providers.
Gojek clone not only provides you with the opportunity to increase your business profits but also gives you a chance to make passive income.
The 70+ on-demand services, advanced features, and multiple revenue streams allow you to make quick and easy profits without breaking a sweat.
White Label Solution
Making a Gojek app from scratch requires time, effort, and money. Think of millions of lines of code, expensive equipment, and a huge team of developers.
Plus, you have to test, host, and maintain the app.
That’s where white-label solutions come into play. Just purchase a ready-made Gojek clone, customize it with your brand name and logo, launch it in the market, and earn profits. It’s that simple.
The demo version of the app gives you a first-hand experience of how the app works and what features it offers.
What People Expect from A Gojek-like App
Let’s face it: only a few companies (not even people) have the time and resources to create a Gojek-like app from scratch, at least not in the same professional capacity.
Suppose you’re building an on-demand app for your business. In that case, you should consider getting a white-label Gojek clone, as it provides all the features and functionalities that customers expect at an insanely cheaper price tag.
So, what do customers expect from a GoJek-like app?
- Instant and hassle-free services
- On-time delivery of services
- Real-time tracking for orders
- Safe and secure payment options
- Variety of services to choose from
- Discounts and promotional offers
- Multiple payment options
- Easy-to-navigate user interface
So, if you look at it from the customer’s perspective, a GoJek clone is simply a blessing.
It gives customers access to various services, from food delivery to car rental.
It also offers them convenience and affordability regarding delivery, payments, and customer service.
For businesses, a GoJek clone is more than just an app. It’s an opportunity to reach new customers, expand their business and increase their profits.
It’s a complete package that offers everything businesses need to gain visibility and make more money in the long run.
And the best part is you don’t need to put in any extra effort or money. A pre-built white-label GoJek clone does the job for you – quickly and cost-effectively.
So, if you’re looking to make some quick profits with minimal effort, a GoJek clone is the way to go. Get your custom-made app today and reap the rewards of a successful on-demand business.