Email lead generation is the most effective means of drawing your target audience to your business. Although some marketers prefer advertising through social media platforms, nothing beats email when it comes to lead generation.
Similar to other marketing strategies, emails have to adapt to the evolving needs of the consumer continually. These adjustments are crucial if you want to remain relevant and keep your competitive edge. The best way of doing this is by monitoring the impact of your email marketing campaign and making changes accordingly.
If you are still unsure over whether to implement email marketing, you should know that the majority of adults prefer emails over social media when receiving communication from companies.
The Basics of Email Lead Generation
If you want to want to run a successful lead generation campaign using email, here are the things you should observe.
- Subject line
- Clear design
- Engaging content
- Valuable offer
If you want to run an effective email lead generation campaign, you must have a catchy subject line. It is the first thing that a reader sees when they open their email inbox. This means that it should stand out and encourage the reader to open the message.
Here are some ways you can boost the effectiveness of your subject line.
- Make it personal – a person is more likely to open an email if the subject line addresses them directly.
- Provide a solution – people love it when an email solves a challenge they are experiencing.
- Induce curiosity – you can entice a reader into opening an email by using a fantastic statistic on the opening line.
Having an appealing subject line is useful in boosting email open rates. If you want the user to read through the entire email, it must have an impressive design.
The following are some of the ways to ensure that your emails have a clean design.
- Make use of whitespaces to avoid overcrowding content.
- Use images to break the monotony of text. Keep in mind that too many photos hurt the loading speed of your email.
- Keep it short and straightforward. Nobody has the time to read lengthy emails.
- Use bullet lists to summarise key points.
- Use different colours to highlight interesting facts.
Humans have a short attention span. If emails are part of your digital marketing in Singapore, you need to ensure that you get the message across quickly. Your content should also be engaging to encourage people to read to the end.
Here are some ways of boosting engagement rates within your emails.
- Use embedded forms for the survey. This keeps the user active and saves the time needed to redirect to external pages.
- Include clear and compelling call-action-statements.
- Use bigger fonts to highlight the most critical elements in your text.
- Provide detailed descriptions and hyperlinks for people who want more information.
The first step of lead generation is collecting contact information of people interested in your business. However, you first have to offer them relevant content so that they provide their data in exchange.
Most marketers usually offer discounts, giveaways and free downloadable resources to get personal data from potential leads.
A call-to-action statement tells the lead what you want them to do. You might need them to sign up, subscribe or purchase a particular service from your business.
Your call-to-action statement must be clear and compelling. It should plainly state what action the user needs to take. The button should also be visible so that all leads can easily spot it and potentially convert into customers.
Best Strategies for Email Lead Generation
Now that you know the basics of email marketing, here are the strategies that you can use to make the focal point of your digital marketing in Singapore.
- Offer gated content
- Promote other marketing channels
- Invite leads to live events
- Segment your audience
Offer gated content
As mentioned above, most marketers usually offer free valuable content to their target audiences when they want to generate leads. However, interested individuals have to provide their information to get this content, a strategy known as gating.
If you want people to remain interested in your content, ensure that it is relevant and valuable to your audience. Your landing page should highlight the key features and benefits of your content. If your landing page shows the value of your content, you build trust with your target audience.
Promote via Other Marketing Channels
Email marketing is primarily used for generating leads. It is also useful in promoting other marketing channels. You can use email messages to drive traffic to your social media pages and your business blog. However, you have to make sure that such platforms have engaging content to grab the attention of your leads.
Invite Leads to Live Events
If you are organising a live event, you can boost attendance through email lead generation. Make sure that you add urgency and excitement such that people will want to attend the event. The best way of engaging people to attend your event is by using a powerful call-to-action that is relevant to your target audience.
Alternatively, you can offer your leads a chance to get a reminder about your live event. This approach is less committal, meaning that leads are more likely to share their contacts, which allows you to reach out to them quickly.
Segment Your Audience
It is crucial to know where different individuals in your audience are in your sales funnels. With this information, you can create useful emails and make necessary adjustments to your landing pages. Audience segmentation is particularly helpful in customisation of emails.
One of the methods used for segmentation is categorising users based on the level of activity. You should look for ways of improving your emails such that people with low open rates start reading them. Likewise, you also need to find methods of ensuring that your existing readers keep on opening your emails.
Email lead generation is an effective method of marketing, but it has its risks. You must ensure that you send valuable content to your subscribers, or risk being marked as spam. You can also get blocked such that you can never send an email again.
In summary, here are the fundamentals of using emails for your email marketing campaign.
- Create an attractive subject line that encourages the recipient to open the email.
- Make sure that your email is easy to read and has an attractive design.
- Your content should be engaging so that the reader completes the desired action.
- Provide valuable content so that users can offer their contact information in exchange.
- You call-to-action must be clear and compelling.
Once you have a clear understanding of the basics, you can use the following strategies to make the most of your email lead generation campaign.
- Offer gated content such that users have to provide their contacts to get your content.
- Use email to promote other marketing channels such as your website and social media.
- Invite leads to your live events so that they learn about your products.
- Segment your audience according to age, interests, gender, and other demographics, this boosts the effectiveness of your email marketing campaign.
If you follow these steps, you will significantly boost your sales and revenue.Call us today at +65 6789 9852 for more tips on how to do email marketing in Singapore and generate qualified leads.