allows individuals to communicate their views pertaining to people, brands, companies, and all other things that come in their minds during any time of the day. That makes it an ideal research mechanism for businesses that want to know what the audience think about them – both positive and negative.
However, the disadvantage of simplicity of use of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram is they can hamper your ability to go through the millions of posts and track what matters to you most. It is for this reason that businesses require tools for social media monitoring. In this article, we will discuss everything you require to learn about social media monitoring. It will also highlight some of the top-ranking tools that you can use for your Singapore business.
What Does Social Media Monitoring Mean?
Social monitoring should become an ideal part of your social media listening strategy. Social listening can be defined as the process of tracking social networks for your brand mentions, products, competition, and other things that you deem applicable to your company. Primarily, you utilise social media monitoring tools to get and collect information on what your audience is posting about your business. The brand listening aspect is more dynamic and tactical. It entails the analysis of the data that comes from social monitoring for liable intuitions – everything from your changing general brand marketing strategy to engaging satisfied clients.
Why Utilise Social Monitoring Tools?
Companies utilise social media monitoring tools for various reasons. First, social monitoring offers you a chance to get strong insights into your industry influencers, competitors, and clients.
It allows you to target specific topics and keywords rather than investigating only the issues of interest in general. You can utilise these insights to boost your brand reputation and online presence. You require to add social media monitoring to various social media platforms and keep track of fresh opportunities if you want to enjoy all the benefits that come from brand listening. However, getting these insights and choosing the right social monitoring tool takes time.
To simplify issues, we have analysed the best social media monitoring tools that you can use for your Singapore business and compiled a list of the best tools to get you rolling.
Here is the list:
When you install this tool in your dashboard, it offers you the ability to respond, assign, tag, and engage with mentions instantly. Talkwalker allows you to track the impact of conversations by examining the emotions, opinion tone, comments, potential reach, and the number of engagements.
You can track the web mentions of your areas of interest using Google Alerts. You only need to visit the Google Alerts page, key in the phrase or keyword of interest, and give an email address where you will get notifications when Google discovers results related to the alert request. Your alerts can be specified based on a particular language or region.
This tool allows you to monitor keywords in social media networks and news outlets for your business mentions in actual time. It also determines the opinions – so you can learn whether what people say about you is bad or good. You can even compare how people feel about you against your rivals.
Keyhole allows you to determine what the audience says about you on Instagram and Twitter in real-time. You can track the usernames, URLs, and keywords, and take a look at real-time information and historical. The tool also includes a heat map that allows you to see your level of activity in a global setting.
If your strategy for marketing on Facebook includes content marketing, 76Insights is the best tool to consider. It measures the tone of your content on social media and calculates the resonance score, which shows the number of social engagements received after publishing content.
Crowd Analyzer is the first social media monitoring tool that is Arabic-based. So, it is the best tool if your clients come from the middle east. It analyses the tone, dialect and relevancy of Arabic content. It can be used to monitor new websites, forums, blogs, and all the leading social platforms.
It is a complete tool for monitoring social networks to get the information required to get in-depth understandings and informed business choices. You can simultaneously track multiple mention streams using Synthesio.
Whether you get a negative or a positive review, you should react to each one of them. ReviewInc allows you access to more than 200 reputable review websites over more than 100 countries. Establish positive reviews for social sharing, and instantly resolve negative reviews.
It is a social media monitoring tool that allows you to monitor your brand through profound listening. You can distinguish the essential insights from over 70 million sources of traffic on the internet including review sites, news sites, forums, blogs, social networks, etc. the tool allows you to make informed decisions in real-time and act on them.
Hootsuite Insights merges analytics, social media listening, and robust social monitoring abilities. It provides you with real-time information about your trends, stories, influencers, and competitors. The tool allows you to filter and modify results based on language, location, platform, and tone.
Managing your offline and online brand reputation is very crucial and extremely simple. Repulotlogy allows you to track the popular review websites like Facebook, Google, And Yelp to enable you to connect with the reviewers and resolve problems promptly. You can monitor activity over multiple locations and storefronts, and react fast through quick links.
Hootsuite Syndicator Pro
You can track and manage your favourite sites and blogs using Hootsuite Syndicator Pro. The tool offers a quick and straightforward method of observing your RSS feeds and share them through social media. The tool also allows you to monitor the stories that you have shared.
Streamview for Instagram
Instagram has more than 700 million users. So, it is essential to track what people post on Instagram, mainly if the ages of your target audience range from 18 to 29 years. Streamview allows you to monitor posts by username, hashtag, or location. It gives you the ability to engage with visitors posting on your field, or a field that you have decided to follow.
Reddit Keyword Monitor Pro
With the increasing popularity of Reddit in Singapore, brand listening and tracking on the platform should become part of your social monitoring strategy. You can use the tool to set keywords that you would like to track on Reddit and determine the individuals who mention your brand, competitors, or company. You don’t want to have a visitor advocating for your brand on Reddit only for you to find out after it has happened.
In addition to all the tools for social media monitoring highlighted above, Hootsuite Pro offers brand listening capabilities right into your dashboard. You can utilise the tool to track particular locations, hashtags, and keywords.
All these tools can help you monitor your social media campaigns Let us shift gears and look at each of them in details
Best Tools for Social Media marketing in Singapore
If your company is not yet into social media in Singapore, you are at risk of falling behind your competitors. Google is the only site that gets more traffic than social media platforms. For this reason, they should be an integral component of your digital marketing strategy.
As is the case with other marketing strategies, you need to implement social media marketing correctly to generate positive results. Social channels can increase your brand awareness, boost engagement, generate leads, and improve sales.
The challenge, however, is managing your social media accounts. You need to use smart approaches to enjoy the benefits mentioned above.
There are several channels that increase your brand’s exposure and make your social media marketing in Singapore a success. Here are the top 20 tools to get you started on this front.
- Native Analytics
- Sprout Social
Best Tools for Singapore Social Media Marketing
The following are the most effective social media marketing tools that can significantly boost your online presence.
BuzzSumo primarily targets businesses who use content marketing as a key strategy for their digital marketing in Singapore. Marketers use this tool to identify the topics that are popular across various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The results rank the topics according to the number of ‘likes’ and ‘shares’ they have.
The standout feature of BuzzSumo is its powerful search engine that identifies content that is relevant to a specific audience. Such data is useful to marketers as it helps them create profitable content. BuzzSumo also allows you to follow and interact with influencers thereby growing your audiences.
- Generates most popular social media content
- Content analysis report shows details of the formats that receive high engagement
- Regular updates on top trends across social networks
- Assists in identifying Twitter influencers
- Allows real-time tracking of social media activities
Buffer is useful for posting content on multiple social media platforms. Its inbuilt scheduling feature allows you to create posts and define the time they will go online. Another exciting feature is the Buffer browser extension that allows you to add content while you are browsing the internet.
- The scheduling feature offers convenience, as you can create posts and choose when they will appear on your social feed.
- Allows you to reviews your social posts and make adjustments to increase engagement levels.
- Handles GIFs and videos seamlessly.
- Can easily integrated with your frequently used apps.
- Allows you to create a team of up to 25 people to boost your SMM strategies.
Visual content can vastly improve your social media marketing in Singapore. People prefer images over text, which is why many marketers are using infographics, videos, and photos to generate leads to their websites.
Canva is the best tool for creating visual content for your Singapore social media marketing campaign. It has an easy to use interface that allows beginners to create professional-level graphics. Even better, it is free to use and features multiple templates and design elements.
- Allows you to create eye-catching graphics using your web browser.
- Offers an array of design elements for creating stunning graphics.
- Multiple templates for ads, infographics, social media headers, and posts.
You need high-quality photos if you want to create startling visual content. Unsplash is the best tool for his purpose. It is a vast library of professional photos that are free to use.
There are multiple categories under which you can find the photos to suit your needs. It also has a search engine where you can key in your keywords and get photos quickly.
- Get high-quality photos without concerns over possible infringement of copyrights.
- It has thousands of contributors, meaning that options are vast.
- Unsplash API powers more than a billion photo requests monthly.
If you want videos to be part of your digital marketing in Singapore, Animoto is the go-to platform. With this tool, you can create stunning videos within a short time.
For example, you can use Animoto to create short reviews of your blog posts in video format. Similarly, this tool can prove useful when making video snippets to create awareness about important announcements and upcoming events.
- Allows you to create attractive and intuitive videos in a short time.
- Offers videos of up to Full HD (1080p) resolution.
- Allows you to optimise video colours.
- It has a vast font library and multiple design elements.
- It has powerful editing to tool for making fantastic presentations.
Lithium is incredibly useful in creating a connection between you and your clients, which can boost your social media in Singapore. It allows you to automate your posts across various social media platforms.
Additionally, you can use Lithium to see what people are saying about your brand. Getting insights from such conversations can guide you into creating content that resonates with your audience. Customers insights and reviews will help you create products and services that solve their challenges.
- It provides a way of managing your social media content and campaigns from a single point.
- The massive online community offers useful information to both you and your customers.
- You can easily mage your engagement across websites and social networks using this tool.
Tracking performance is important to any marketing campaign, including social media marketing Singapore. Native Analytics is a powerful tool that allows you to offer custom analytics to your audience.
Using this tool, you can take insightful data to an audience beyond the scope of your brand. It can also improve your engagement levels substantially.
- Allows you to create accurate and informative embedded charts.
- Assists you to remain in control of data visualisation and presentation.
- It has reliable security features.
- It makes it easier to generate reports.
It can be quite challenging to manage your social media posts, accounts, and websites. Todoist is a management tool that allows you to accomplish all of your social media activities conveniently without affecting your productivity.
With Todoist, you can effectively manage and track your social media accounts from one place. It also allows you to create a to-do list from any location, whether you are connected to the internet or not.
- Provides a list of the tasks at hand.
- Allows you to order tasks according to priority.
- Allows you track the progress and monitor the latest productivity trends.
HootSuite is the perfect tool for companies that run their social media in Singapore across various platforms. This tool integrates seamlessly with multiple social accounts. Also, you can easily schedule posts and add account managers for all of your social media accounts.
Furthermore, HootSuite has a training platform where you can learn more about social media tools and SMM. HootSuite is a cost-effective tool for managing your social media marketing campaigns.
- Allows you to simultaneously post to several social media platforms.
- It makes it easier to manage many contributors.
- It is excellent for tracking conversations about your brand.
- It integrates easily with social media and allows you to track performance metrics.
- It simplifies the management of complex workflow.
Tagboard is a tool that aggregates data from several social media platforms and present them as a powerful graphic. This content can be easily shared and embedded on their-party websites.
The Tagboard Live feature allows you to monitor your social media posts in real-time. Also, the tool has a range of layout templates that enable you to customise display according to your preferences.
- Allows you to group related posts using hashtags for easier searching.
- It allows you to advertise on social media.
- Sends notifications in real-time.
- Allows you to integrate social media accounts and track performance.
Agorapulse is a high-value social media marketing tool that allows you to efficiently manage activities on social networks. It is particularly useful for creating a connection between brands and their followers on social media.
The tool is mostly popular for its ease of use, even if you are a new user. It also has an excellent customer support system to back this up.
- Allows the customisation of posts to suit specific social media networks.
- You can schedule posts for the future.
- You reschedule a single posts as many times as you wish.
- It makes it easy to monitor social media conversations and reply to queries from your audience.
MeetEdgar is the perfect and cost-effective substitute for hiring a content manager to run your social media marketing in Singapore. It connects to all social accounts using a web plugin and automates all activities.
The most exciting aspect of MeetEdgar is that it performs the functions of a human content manager at a much lesser cost. The auto refill queue functionality enable you to share content seamlessly and schedule reposting of old content to boost engagement rates.
- It has exceptional scheduling features.
- It offers automated content sharing.
- Offers the convenience of category-based scheduling.
- Provides access to an unlimited content library.
- It has useful features like in-app trackers and a URL cutter.
If you social media in Singapore prioritises Twitter over other channels, you should try out TweetDeck. Despite being one of the earliest entrants into social marketing, this tool is still popular and offers better features than most of its newer competitors. This also shows its importance to businesses.
TweetDeck has multiple columns on its interface, which allows you track several conversations simultaneously. Given that tweets usually come at a fast rate, this feature is essential and ensures that you do not miss anything. Moreover, it has a scheduling feature.
- Allows you to conduct all activities and mange several Twitter accounts from one place.
- You can categorise tweets based on events, interest and topics in real-time.
- The app allows you to embed tweets on third-party platforms.
IFTTT stands for If This Then That. It is an automation tool that is famous for its time-saving capabilities. IFTTT works by linking various platforms together, including social networks, apps and websites. These services serve as building blocks towards achieving a particular objective, which in this case is marketing a brand.
- It allows the automation of repetitive tasks with no experience in coding.
- You can easily integrate several third-party apps.
- It allows content syndication using social channels.
Sprout Social is ideal for all businesses, big and small, as it can significantly boost social media marketing in Singapore. It is a one-stop solution that enables you to publish to social media, as well as track analytics and engagement on those platforms.
The inbuilt analytics tool shows you how your marketing campaign is performing on various social networks. It also provides a quick way of partnering with clients and your staff to boost your marketing efforts.
- It is a comprehensive and scalable social media marketing tool.
- It works for all businesses regardless of their stature.
- You can integrate it into other social platforms and third-party networks that are relevant to your organisation.
Spredfast is a multipurpose marketing tool that can create and publish content on social channels. Besides, it offers you a solid support and improves your business.
Many regard Spredfast as the smartest social software platform. Its app allows mobile users to create exciting posts for their audiences that guarantee high engagement rates.
- It provides access to unlimited real-time data from all social channels.
- It simplifies the organisation and analysis of critical data and provides useful insights.
- You can easily track multiple campaigns across various social media from one place.
SocialFlow relies on powerful algorithms that analyse consumer behaviour and optimise content accordingly. The algorithms also suggest the best time for posting on social media so that you get maximum engagement.
Every post made on SocialFlow considers the timing and relevance to the target audience. Also, this tool has features that solely aim to improve engagement.
- The tool automatically schedules and posts content to social media.
- It suggests advertising opportunities that can increase the exposure of your brand.
- You can adjust your content to suit the evolving needs of your audience and boost the performance of your social media marketing in Singapore.
Feedly is a tool that allows marketer to effectively manage several social accounts from one place. The platform allows you to monitor the performance of your social influencers as well as get updates on the latest developments in the industry.
Another impressive feature on Feedly is the ability to add RSS feeds, which allows you to get updates on relevant information.
- The tools allows you to link to authors, blogs and websites with content that is relevant to your audience.
- You can easily schedule social posts using the Feedly dashboard.
- It has extra features such as keyword tracking and automatic notifications.
Iconosquare is a must-have if your social media in Singapore is centred on Instagram. It has excellent analytics tools and regularly adds new features to the platform. Similar to other social media tools, Iconosquare allows you to merge multiple accounts.
- Provides regular updates about your audience.
- It has optimisation features that enable audience targeting.
- It is useful for managing multiple accounts.
- Allows you to find top influencers on Instagram.
Although it is not as popular as the other tools, Sprinklr has outstanding features that make it a worthwhile investment. First, it allows you to build social apps and monitor all activities on your social channels using mobile devices. It also combines all social campaigns to simplify management.
- Boosts social engagement.
- It is useful in benchmarking performances.
- It assists with influencer marketing
Importance of Using Tools for Your Social Media Marketing in Singapore
As a marketer, you have many activities to participate in to grow your business. You may not have time to focus all efforts on social media. Given that several companies have a presence on social channels, you can easily lose ground to your rivals.
Social media management tools are an excellent addition to your social media in Singapore. They take over your marketing campaign and allow you to focus on other areas of improving your business.
The tools listed above can vastly improve the success of your social media in Singapore.
When choosing a tool, it is crucial to assess its suitability to your campaign. Some tools, such as TweetDeck and Iconosquare are suited for specific platforms. Others such as Canva and Animoto are excellent for creating and editing visual content.
If you want the best results, consider using a combination of the tools. For instance, you could use BuzzSumo for research, Canva for visual graphics, and HootSuite for scheduling posts to social media.
Keep in mind that your social media campaign is likely to be unsuccessful if you do not use management tools. These tools could be the difference between success and failure in your social media marketing in Singapore.
With all the social media monitoring tools mentioned above, you will be well-informed about what consumers say regarding your brand and listen to your competitors and clients to secure a competitive advantage.